Indiana Jones the animated show

Randy_Flagg

Not saying it's 100% essential, but it would definitely be terrible PR if he wasn't involved. His seal of approval/participation would be a massive draw to those who otherwise wouldn't give Cartoon Indy a chance.
I really don't think it would be terrible PR if he wasn't involved, as most people wouldn't realistically expect Harrison Ford to be involved with an animated tv series. On the other hand, if he DOES get involved, that would be great PR.

But wouldn't it depend on when the show takes place? One common complaint about the opening of DOD is that Harrison sounded too old to be Indy in the 1940s, and would anyone really want an animated show taking place in the 1970s just to accommodate Ford's older voice?

Mike00spy

The way to get around it would have it be told as a journal of Indiana Jones - have Ford narrate introductions and wrap ups. Then in the main stories have a younger sounding Indy. Or is that too much like the orginal YIJC?
Yes, that sounds fun. While we are at it, let’s get Ford and rewrite the Hall bookends. Get Marion and Helena in them, too.

Mike00spy

I really believe animated Indy on Disney+ is a perfect way to extend the series for now.

You can get any characters you want. You can play with any decade you want. You can vary the directors, composers, writers…

You won’t have people complaining about CGI ruining a scene, for example. You can avoid comparisons to the films due to the different medium.

It’s really perfect.

Jonesy9906753

Is there no equivalent to Dave Filoni at Lucasfilm who will champion Indiana Jones as a serialized 3D animated series like he did with Clone Wars? I mean even if it was a limited series like Tales of the Jedi It would open a whole new door for the character without bloating their budget.

FJDyy7M.jpeg

The way to get around it would have it be told as a journal of Indiana Jones - have Ford narrate introductions and wrap ups. Then in the main stories have a younger sounding Indy. Or is that too much like the orginal YIJC?
What's with all the Young Indy hate on these forums?

like i said,

two types of ppl

people who love The Young Indy Chronicles and people who haven't seen it.
I can sort of understand if they've only seen the VHS/DVD edits, which strip the soul out of the show and bring in a sort of artifice. But the OG series is incredibly profound, heartwarming and tastefully made.

michael

I can sort of understand if they've only seen the VHS/DVD edits, which strip the soul out of the show and bring in a sort of artifice. But the OG series is incredibly profound, heartwarming and tastefully made.

there's more heart in the scene of Old Indy looking at himself in the Russian Revolution than anything in the movies.

it's a show that rewards you for caring.

FordFan

like i said,

two types of ppl

people who love The Young Indy Chronicles and people who haven't seen it.
I saw it. I did not love it.

I was 7 years old when that show debuted, couldn't have been more excited. And it is what an Indiana Jones adventure should never be: boring.

FordFan

the show is not about adventuring though.
I found that out very quickly. And tuned out.

I don't mind slow-paced, but not when it's branded as "Indiana Jones". It's like going to Baskin Robbins and being told they're out of ice cream but have sub-par steak.