Indy 5 news 2012

Henry W Jones

Mickiana said:
Very flimsy argument. Are you saying that what I posted was so unconnected to the thread topic that I should have created a new thread? That the issue of "no news" is not connected to "news"? How many divisions of topic must we make, each with their own thread, to please you? Don't forget why you asked this. You have to take responsibility for how you react to things. I would like a moderator to step in at this stage and point out if I have been out of place. If a moderator can point that out to me I will withdraw, but even aside from any possible moderation, I cannot see how you can ask what you have asked of me in any fair way. You must explain further.

You are just being difficult. Have a good night. Not gonna have a petty argument with you over something I have no control over. Post whatever, wherever.

Mickiana

Henry W Jones said:
You are just being difficult. Have a good night. Not gonna have a petty argument with you over something I have no control over. Post whatever, wherever.

If I am being difficult that is your perception. You started this by suggesting conditions that only seem to suit you and that, quite frankly, seem vastly unfair to me and you have not been able to explain yourself in any proper way. The argument is not petty. The argument is trying to deal with something that is possibly petty, but actually something I feel is important. Why couldn't you have just remarked that seeing postings in the thread topic makes you hopeful that there might be positive news of Indy5 development, but dagnabbit, you own hopes let you down? But instead, you want someone else to take responsibility for how you react to something that no one else intended at all. All you have to do at this stage is say "Mickiana, you are correct", but only of course if you feel that way. I'm not being arrogant or facetious, I am only offering a simple solution to our discussion.

Henry W Jones

Mickiana said:
If I am being difficult that is your perception. You started this by suggesting conditions that only seem to suit you and that, quite frankly, seem vastly unfair to me and you have not been able to explain yourself in any proper way. The argument is not petty. The argument is trying to deal with something that is possibly petty, but actually something I feel is important. Why couldn't you have just remarked that seeing postings in the thread topic makes you hopeful that there might be positive news of Indy5 development, but dagnabbit, you own hopes let you down? But instead, you want someone else to take responsibility for how you react to something that no one else intended at all. All you have to do at this stage is say "Mickiana, you are correct", but only of course if you feel that way. I'm not being arrogant or facetious, I am only offering a simple solution to our discussion.

I explained myself fine in my first post. You just want to argue. Good day!

moon_tan

Does it seem like Indiana Jones 5 is dead in the water?

I would like to hope that while George Lucas is in his new home in Italy (which used to be a convent), that he would be working on Indiana Jones 5. Perhaps the environment will get his creative writing juices flowing again.
But I also feel that maybe the Indiana Jones 5 project is just dead in the water.
So I get sarcastic and say, If Harrison Ford should pass away before a new Indiana Jones movie, I guess they would have to use CGI effects to make an Indiana Jones. If George Lucas should pass away to the UFO in the sky, I guess the baton goes to Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Steven Spielberg.
It seems like a perfect time now to have a new Indiana Jones movie to enjoy. I hope George Lucas will leave the door open for one more.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
To the vast majority of us Harrison Ford will be forever Indy (as Alec Guiness IS Obi Wan Kenobi), however the concept of Indiana Jones will transend long into the future and has already been through another incarnation and survived.

So news of Indy 5 will come and go but evey morsal should be savaged apart by ourselves otherwise what's the point in coming here. (Unless you are looking for the worlds best hamburger) So, let's hope it isn't in 19 years!

'BREAKING' NEWS
Marin Independant Journal - Oct 22nd 2012

It has been alleged that George Lucas has reported to have "broken wind" at a the recent Brandon Tartikoff memorial during a press briefing. The sound of the emission was reported as being vaguely reminicant of the Raiders theme. Our Lucasfilm insider stated that no new developments are stirring but we feel, at the Journal, it is safe to assume Lucas is brewing something up."

Discuss.

Mickiana

Henry W Jones said:
I explained myself fine in my first post. You just want to argue. Good day!

You must be having some serious anxiety attacks with all these postings that offer no news. How come you are not asking all these people not to post? It's quite the opposite of news actually: people are mocking the situation of "no news". I enjoy reading that. Look at the humour employed to parody Lucas' lack of delivering any goods! I suggest that you employ these tactics also. This is the last I will discuss this, but it is not the last comment I will make on this thread.

Henry W Jones

Mickiana said:
You must be having some serious anxiety attacks with all these postings that offer no news. How come you are not asking all these people not to post? It's quite the opposite of news actually: people are mocking the situation of "no news". I enjoy reading that. Look at the humour employed to parody Lucas' lack of delivering any goods! I suggest that you employ these tactics also. This is the last I will discuss this, but it is not the last comment I will make on this thread.

No anxiety. Just an overwhelming feeling that you have nothing better to do than start an argument when I specifically said, "Can we please refrain from making pointless comments in this thread?" That was a request, not a demand. "nothing personal Mickiana but you posted last" "Nothing personal towards anyone". But you did take it personal which tells me either you can't read or you have issues. Either way you need help. I was polite as can be in my request and now you have chosen to attack me over a friendly request. Make as many post here as you like. I am not a mod and you obviously have a need to be rude to others. (n) No good pal.
P.S. Saying "What News?" is not even clever, so your argument of "Look at the humour employed to parody Lucas' lack of delivering any goods!" doesn't fly when you haven't even said anything humorous. :whip:

Mickiana

Henry W Jones said:
No anxiety. Just an overwhelming feeling that you have nothing better to do than start an argument when I specifically said, "Can we please refrain from making pointless comments in this thread?" That was a request, not a demand. "nothing personal Mickiana but you posted last" "Nothing personal towards anyone". But you did take it personal which tells me either you can't read or you have issues. Either way you need help. I was polite as can be in my request and now you have chosen to attack me over a friendly request. Make as many post here as you like. I am not a mod and you obviously have a need to be rude to others. (n) No good pal.
P.S. Saying "What News?" is not even clever, so your argument of "Look at the humour employed to parody Lucas' lack of delivering any goods!" doesn't fly when you haven't even said anything humorous. :whip:

First of all, my comment was not pointless. It had a point. I was expressing disappointment at there being no news. I used the emoticon with the thumbs down posture. Can't I make that point? Just because you didn't like it or were let down about the lack of news doesn't mean it was "pointless". I don't care that you said "please". You can sprinkle sugar on a dog turd but it won't be any more palatable. How can it not be taken personally? You pointed me out, you quoted me and then named me. I know you mean you meant me and everyone else, but it is still personal, to me and everyone else. I can read and I do have issues, issues with what you were requesting of me. I am not attacking you, I am defending my wish and right to post that comment in this thread. And where have I attacked you or even been rude to you? I wasn't trying to be clever by saying "What news?(n) " I will say it again, it was an expression of disappointment. It was so simply put, I fail to see how you have had such an enormous problem with it. As for suggesting you take a lead from the humour of others' posts, well that is still entirely valid. Just because my post wasn't humourous (I wasn't trying to be!), that doesn't mean you can't learn from that. Obviously, I am going to keep this debate going if you keep going. I know I said I wasn't, but if you persist I will keep responding. At this point I would like any mods or fellow Raveners to contribute or reflect their views in this very overwrought matter. This entire thread, and it is enormously long, has not delivered one bit of concrete news to date. According to your logic, it should not have existed.

Henry W Jones

Mickiana said:
First of all, my comment was not pointless. It had a point. I was expressing disappointment at there being no news. I used the emoticon with the thumbs down posture. Can't I make that point? Just because you didn't like it or were let down about the lack of news doesn't mean it was "pointless". I don't care that you said "please". You can sprinkle sugar on a dog turd but it won't be any more palatable. How can it not be taken personally? You pointed me out, you quoted me and then named me. I know you mean you meant me and everyone else, but it is still personal, to me and everyone else. I can read and I do have issues, issues with what you were requesting of me. I am not attacking you, I am defending my wish and right to post that comment in this thread. And where have I attacked you or even been rude to you? I wasn't trying to be clever by saying "What news?(n) " I will say it again, it was an expression of disappointment. It was so simply put, I fail to see how you have had such an enormous problem with it. As for suggesting you take a lead from the humour of others' posts, well that is still entirely valid. Just because my post wasn't humourous (I wasn't trying to be!), that doesn't mean you can't learn from that. Obviously, I am going to keep this debate going if you keep going. I know I said I wasn't, but if you persist I will keep responding. At this point I would like any mods or fellow Raveners to contribute or reflect their views in this very overwrought matter. This entire thread, and it is enormously long, has not delivered one bit of concrete news to date. According to your logic, it should not have existed.

You sound like a little kid with a skinned knee. And your rudeness was in comments like "You must be having some serious anxiety attacks with all these postings that offer no news." I actually am finding it amusing how defensive you have gotten over my generalized comment. Get over yourself. I only mentioned you, once again, because you posted the last short, no contribution news post. Also, I don't have "such an enormous problem with it". You are the one getting defensive over a suggestion and making a mountain out of a prairie dog hill. Your comment was in context but provides no info we don't already have. I even tried to take the high road at first with you but you keep persisting. Keep it coming. I love laughing at you defending your useless comment. What do the Mods think? Does "What News?" contribute to this thread? You don't see how lame it is to see there might be some Indy 5 news in this thread and see this ridiculous argument or some other BS things that are irrelevant or beyond obvious like "What news?"?

Captain_Obvious.jpg

Last edited:

Mickiana

Henry W Jones said:
You sound like a little kid with a skinned knee. And your rudeness was in comments like "You must be having some serious anxiety attacks with all these postings that offer no news." I actually am finding it amusing how defensive you have gotten over my generalized comment. Get over yourself. I only mentioned you, once again, because you posted the last short, no contribution news post. Also, I don't have "such an enormous problem with it". You are the one getting defensive over a suggestion and making a mountain out of a prairie dog hill. Your comment was in context but provides no info we don't already have. I even tried to take the high road at first with you but you keep persisting. Keep it coming. I love laughing at you defending your useless comment. What do the Mods think? Does "What News?" contribute to this thread? You don't see how lame it is to see there might be some Indy 5 news in this thread and see this ridiculous argument or some other BS things that are irrelevant or beyond obvious like "What news?"?

That comment was not rude. It was meant in all seriousness. If my totally innocuous initial comment has caused this reaction in you, then one could assume that your reaction might be in proportion to the rest of the thread contributions. And I will stick with my initial retort which is you cannot fairly ask of me what you did. You say I have been rude, but it is you trying to tell me that I shouldn't have posted my harmless message then and there. Just in the quote above you use denigratory terms such as "useless comment", "lame" and "BS things". Who is insulting who? It is incredible how long you have persisted in making this discussion continue and I have tried to appeal to you with logic and fairness, but, to me, you want to defend the indefensible, that you were being unfair in what you initially asked for from me. You use that cartoon as if it backs up what you say, but as far as I can see, it is more pertinent for yourself. Put the shoe on the other foot: If someone called your comments "useless", "lame" and "BS" and that you shouldn't be posting where you thought it was appropriate, and could only justify their claims due to their personal foibles, then wouldn't you think, "Gee, that's a bit unfair?" I don't want this discussion to continue, but I do feel like I am being attacked for no good reason and I am happy to keep trying to appeal to you.

Henry W Jones

Mickiana said:
That comment was not rude. It was meant in all seriousness. If my totally innocuous initial comment has caused this reaction in you, then one could assume that your reaction might be in proportion to the rest of the thread contributions. And I will stick with my initial retort which is you cannot fairly ask of me what you did. You say I have been rude, but it is you trying to tell me that I shouldn't have posted my harmless message then and there. Just in the quote above you use denigratory terms such as "useless comment", "lame" and "BS things". Who is insulting who? It is incredible how long you have persisted in making this discussion continue and I have tried to appeal to you with logic and fairness, but, to me, you want to defend the indefensible, that you were being unfair in lwhat you initially asked for from me. You use that cartoon as if it backs up what you say, but as far as I can see, it is more pertinent for yourself. Put the shoe on the other foot: If someone called your comments "useless", "lame" and "BS" and that you shouldn't be posting where you thought it was appropriate, and could only justify their claims due to their personal foibles, then wouldn't you think, "Gee, that's a bit unfair?" I don't want this discussion to continue, but I do feel like I am being attacked for no good reason and I am happy to keep trying to appeal to you.

Once again, I started off civil, and yes my terminology was rude in my last post. Since you want to continue crying and continue this and keep telling me how upset I am, I don't feel like being polite anymore. I am only seeing how far you'll take this argument at this point and you so far have not failed to please. Tell me more about how I am so upset by your post and why you feel justified in your unworthy of this much discussion/ doesnt provoke any substantial material to converse about post. You are a sad person to get this offended over my comment and fighting with me over it. I told you several times, do what you want, I am not your parent and have no control over this site. I pity you for being hypersensitivity. I am not attacking you and find it funny that while you want me to put the shoe on the other foot, you have no interest in seeing it from my side. The only one attacking you is you in your own mind. (Talk about having anxiety) Hope you figure it out. Good luck champ.

Last edited:

The Drifter

I am by no means taking sides in this argument, because I feel we all need a few good heated discussions under our belts here at the old bar, but if you feel wronged there is always this thread to throw out your complaints which may garner more views and opinions by users and mods.

Dr. Gonzo

Well here is some ACTUAL NEWS.

Watched that 60 Minutes episode with Spielberg.
It was more about his life and his relationship with his mother and father, but he was clearly there to promote Lincoln...
Anyway during the conversation it was brought up that Lincoln (besides one brief war scene) has literally no action in it and that it was a very "talky" movie, very performance driven...
to this Spielberg replied (paraphrasing here since I can't remember word for word, it was Sunday) Action no longer interests me, I am 65 years old ya know? I've been there and done that. I am past making "action" films.

So there ya go. Spielberg has zero to minimal interest in making an action film, which Indiana Jones is... 2+2= yeah you can see the math here.