Indy 5 news 2012

FedoraStyle

Indy's brother said:
See, now this is the allure to these types of posts: You don't even have to be clever to bash KOTCS for not being clever, or have Ford's swagger as Indy to have the brass to bash him for his advancing years.

Look, FedoraStyle. I don't know you, and I'm sure you are a nice enough fellow. I'm just so bored of reading this kind of stuff in the fan community.

I made a small joke about Harrison getting to the point were playing Indy won't be possible.

Don't be so sensitive.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

FedoraStyle said:
Don't be so sensitive. I wasn't insulting KOTSC or Harrison's age. He's human and gets older just like the rest of us. I was simply pointing out that he's getting to the point were playing Indy won't be possible.

Not sensitive, just sick of it. I've heard it all. Cane, bad back, wheelchair, dodgey hip. It's old. They're all cheap shots, from the cheap seats. It's so overdone and passé that it will be fair game for those tragically ironic hipsters soon.

I understood your point. I said "these types of posts" which opened the door to my larger point......why the hell am I explaining this?

MinnesotaJones

If Jon Pertwee could still karate chop aliens at his age. Harrison can still take up the hat.
107.jpg

Vance

FedoraStyle said:
Indeed. People need to let the idea of a 5th film go. It's not gonna happen unless it's a reboot/remake.

It doesn't need to be a 'reboot', per se. It would require a new lead actor at this point (unfortunately, Harrison really can't pull off the 'leading action hero' anymore), and a new producer (please, God, let Lucas stay retired!).

Not impossible, but I think it would be a few more years of dead time before we could see it come back. I would like to be wrong, but I really don't see a '5th movie' happening under current conditions.

Rivers

Indy's brother said:
Not sensitive, just sick of it. I've heard it all. Cane, bad back, wheelchair, dodgey hip. It's old. They're all cheap shots, from the cheap seats. It's so overdone and passé that it will be fair game for those tragically ironic hipsters soon.

I understood your point. I said "these types of posts" which opened the door to my larger point......why the hell am I explaining this?

I agree with ya brotha... comments like those are so corny and completely un-original. They are not Witty, they are not smart nor clever.
Yes... everybody knows Harrison is getting older... but it is quite obvious George and Steven DONT CARE about Harrisons age. They KNOW Harrison is older and they will be making a film of an OLDER Indiana Jones. Further more, they know about, and have full confidence in Harrison's ability to play the character.
I dont think Harrison's age is a factor they really care about!. They have accepted the fact the character and Harrison are older and so have I!!!
I am absolutely facinated to see more of older Indy and his adventures!
Bring it on!!!!

Montana Smith

Rivers said:
I agree with ya brotha... comments like those are so corny and completely un-original. They are not Witty, they are not smart nor clever.
Yes... everybody knows Harrison is getting older... but it is quite obvious George and Steven DONT CARE about Harrisons age. They KNOW Harrison is older and they will be making a film of an OLDER Indiana Jones. Further more, they know about, and have full confidence in Harrison's ability to play the character.
I dont think Harrison's age is a factor they really care about!. They have accepted the fact the character and Harrison are older and so have I!!!
I am absolutely facinated to see more of older Indy and his adventures!
Bring it on!!!!

Smiffy said:
Han Solo was eventually old and married with children.

Princess Leia was once a hot babe in a metal bikini.

Chewbacca used to be alive.

Indiana Jones used to be young and fit.

Stars rise and fall in popularity. Their age dictates their roles.

Sh!t happens.

What can you do?

Accept, adapt or move forwards.

Trouble is that Indiana Jones was 'no country for old men'.

The adventures of "older Indy" will have fallen so far from the tree that they'll have lost touch with their roots. It can be done, but the level of abuse that Lucas and Spielberg would face mean the prospect of it would be too painful.

What they would do is make a cult movie for diehard fans, leaving the kids in the audience alienated, unless Mutt is allowed to take centre stage, which in turn would leave the diehard fans behind.

Pale Horse has it in a nutshell:

The jokes, and the actor are old. So is the hope for a new film.

Anyway, it won't be long before Indy's ready for his eyepatch, and his good eye on the lookout for kiddies to corner so he can brag about his past.

Rivers

Your right, the level of abuse George and Steven would take would probably be pretty painful.... hence George's comments about Indy 5 not being well accepted.... hell, they are even taking abuse now without a fifth movie even out!!
But I still believe Indy and Harrisons age is not a factor.
When I talk to people about KOTCS and why they didnt like it, not one person has mentioned Indy or Harrison's age. What I do hear is, the Alien thing was just too weird, they didnt like Mutt/Shia, Didnt like nuking the fridge, didnt like the monkey scene... Nobody I have ever talked with ever mentioned age. In fact several people had no idea that Harrison was actually 65 at the time.
Even SS said in one of the KOTCS features that Harrison could go on for another 10 years if he wanted to do another project of this nature...
I agree!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2012/06/george-lucas-warns-of-indiana-jones-delay
George Lucas: "I’m working on a script for those guys, but they have to approve it. It took me 14 years to get 'em to do Indiana 4. Harrison wanted this and Steven wanted that. In the beginning, it was easy. I said, 'This is the script, we’re shooting it, let’s go to work.' Now they’re all superstars."
Edit: anyone have access to the original article?
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/culture/film_and_tv/film/article1054329.ece
This status report is at least a month old...

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, there's an automated news service called WENN that apparently specializes in pulling copy from behind pay walls and quoting radio interviews, unfairly giving them the scoop. We might have missed the Lucas interview by Jeff Dawson without them, but it took some research because WENN is loath to cite their sources.

Rivers said:
But I still believe Indy and Harrisons age is not a factor.
Even SS said in one of the KOTCS features that Harrison could go on for another 10 years if he wanted to do another project of this nature...
I agree!

Technically, there would even be the possibility of slightly rejuvenating him with CGI. It has been done in at least a couple of films during the last years, now it should be feasible without making the post-production costs levitate too much. I think they could do it if needed. Would work for me. :whip:

IndyForever

Moedred said:
That Lucas quote is somewhat worrying as a few months ago Spielberg said something like if george says no indy5 I will accept that & if george says he has an indy5 script worth making we will make that.

Spielberg/Ford have said many times they are waiting on Lucas now Lucas says he is waiting on them...............pass the parcel anyone!!! Someone is not telling us the whole truth............most likely Spielberg/Ford do not want to do Lucas idea so its going into limbo forever.

This is the make/break year if Lucas cannot get it together after hiring Kennedy to co-run Lucasfilm & he has no other movie projects left its never going to happen is it!

Dr.Jonesy

replican't said:
Insert animated tumbleweed and tombstone picture here.

Pretty much.

Just call it, guys. We've got four films from you and that should be enough. It is for me.

Ford is too old, it's taken 4 years to get nowhere, the series has nowhere else to go, and again...Ford is too old.

Just confirm it's over, Lucas and Co. It'd make my year.