Indy 6 - a way forward?

Shia.

I'm gonna let EmperorJulian cook here though.
I'd argue that Shia was the best part of that film. He's the only major participant who put his heart into it. Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, Koepp, Karen Allen, etc. all treated it like a high school reunion. And John Williams... he's good by default, but he's only inspired to greatness when he's delivered a great film. Just look at his scores for Disney's Star Wars sequels - all of them good, none of them great.

michael

I'd argue that Shia was the best part of that film. He's the only major participant who put his heart into it. Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, Koepp, Karen Allen, etc. all treated it like a high school reunion. And John Williams... he's good by default, but he's only inspired to greatness when he's delivered a great film. Just look at his scores for Disney's Star Wars sequels - all of them good, none of them great.

Seriously, Shia made the most out of a character called, Mutt who eventually swings with monkeys. Very tall task indeed.

TFA score is GREAT though.

michael

Also Ray Winstone clearly brought his A game to an admittedly insufferable character.

this is why i wish he didn't die.

Indy still liked Mac so much. And basically didn't even care about all the back-stabbing. I'd love an alternate ending where Mac doesn't let go of the whip, gets his debts wiped out by the government (for helping to stop Spalko) and Mac is at the wedding.

Pointless death to an even almost pointless character.

Ender

Shoulda died in the warehouse tbh. Serves no purpose past that point. Heck, you could even write him out of that if you really wanted to.

My_Pet_Snake-Reggie

Everything concerning Mac- Indy in the third act writing-wise is a mess. Still, Indy punching his smiley face screaming "Jonesey!" is the biggest laugh I have each and every viewing. That moment alone warrants his existence imo.

Ender

Yeah, the only purpose Mac serves is to lead the Russians to Akhator at the end. Which they probably could have got to themselves.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: having Spalko as Indy's prisoner leading the Russians there would've been way better.

DudeRaider

I know the villains getting killed by the macguffin is a staple, but I always thought it would've been cool if Spalko lived, but her experience with the Skull made her lose her mind like Oxley did, but made her even worse.

Finn

Staff member
I know the villains getting killed by the macguffin is a staple, but I always thought it would've been cool if Spalko lived, but her experience with the Skull made her lose her mind like Oxley did, but made her even worse.
This is not a bad idea.

Something like this: Her fate is initially ambiguous as Indy & co flee the "throne room" with the alie... pardon, interdimensional beings. (If one needs to get rid of Mac first, Spalko could simply shoot him since he's now outlived his usefulness). Then, after the wedding, as they step out of the church, Mutt asks Indy, "What do you think happened to Colonel Doctor Spalko?" Indy smirks and quotes Ecclesiastes: "He that increases knowledge, increases sorrow." Then, as the final shot of the movie, cut to Spalko, locked up in Oxley's former cell, now a babbling husk.

SnakeSurprise

Can we please stay on topic, in this case, about how a film that has zero chance of ever happening actually happen? Thanks!
Finn you might have to put yourself in the corner, amirite.

michael

Can we please stay on topic, in this case, about how a film that has zero chance of ever happening actually happen? Thanks!

as funny as it seems, i once thought this with Indy 5. Legit never thought it would happen.

Finn

Staff member
Judging by your behavior, you appear to be an undercover moderator. Could you please show me your credentials?