Indy boots

joebloggs

Good day all, I've been looking for some Indy boots on the web and the only ones I have found are the Aldens, which are pretty pricey. Just wondering if there is anything out there that's close but not as expensive. I currently own a pair of Clark desert boots, which aren't bad, but not the real thing. Thanks, JoeB:whip:

joebloggs

indyclone25 said:
try todds costumes the have the outdoorsman boots , they look like aldens and cost 75 bucks very nice shoes and i have heard they are pretty good shoes , http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/indiana_jones_style_boots.htm

Thanks indyclone25. That's exactly what I am looking for. I think those boots look great...at a fraction of the price!! Are they as rugged and as well built as the Alden's? Anyone out there with a pair of these? I am going to get a pair regardless, as I think, from looking at them that they look like a quality pair of boots. I am not just into the look. I like to wear my gear on a daily basis, so it gets worn a lot!

indyclone25

i have heard that they are great feeling and the only down side is that they wear out in the soles in about six months , but then you just take them to be resoled. and then your good to go til the next time
:D

Mr. Fusion

I would also email Todd and ask if he has fixed the sizing. They were, when he first started selling them, two sizes smaller than marked. The manufacturer from which he got them made an error. He may have the accurate sizes posted now.

joebloggs

Mr. Fusion said:
I would also email Todd and ask if he has fixed the sizing. They were, when he first started selling them, two sizes smaller than marked. The manufacturer from which he got them made an error. He may have the accurate sizes posted now.

Their website states that they still haven't fis the sizing error. If what you say is accurate, if I wear a size 9 then I should order a size 11?

Mr. Fusion

joebloggs said:
Their website states that they still haven't fis the sizing error. If what you say is accurate, if I wear a size 9 then I should order a size 11?

Yes because I ordered a size 11 and received a size 9... wait a tick. PM sent.

penman hats

Just a little friendly advise for everyone. Best thing to do if you are not sure about the size. contact the vender yourself and ask them.

indyclone25

well i finally ordered my boots today!!!

finally got up enough spare cash to order my boots today ,i will have pretty much have bought all my indy gear from todds , can't wait for them , yay!:D

IndyAJA77

Wasn't it posted here (the raven) recently that J Crew was going to be selling the Alden Indy boots? Now, they are at the regular $450 Alden price, so no bargain there, but if money isn't the issue, at least you can try them on! As of yet I haven't seen the in a catalog and I haven't been in a store, but they are on the internet.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Men...ry/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~18428/18428.jsp

Apparently, J Crew worked out a deal with Alden to sell a bunch of their shoes.

indyclone25

i got my todds boots on saturday and the look great !!!! they were a bit heavier then i imagined, but im sure i will get used to that once i start wearing them daily. here are some pics of the boots i have worn them two days straight.
myindyboots001.jpg

myindyboots002.jpg

myindyboots003.jpg

IndyAJA77

Very nice. One of the differences I noticed with Todd's (vs. Alden's) are the laces. Todd's laces seems to more heavy duty, which is a good thing. I find that my upper laces are starting to wear away.

indyclone25

i took my boots to the local shoe repair shop and i'm having him put sole guards on the bottom of the boots , i plan on wearing these alot and don't want them to wear out to quickly.:D