Indy Celebration Event in Chicago Oct 2011

michael

The information says Chicago...but the poster says Los Angeles :confused:

With the price of air fare nowadays, this would have to be ONE HELL OF A CONVENTION for me to go.

Stoo

Festivals.com said:
We are inviting cast actors from the most successful and Hugely Hit films for Indiana Jones. Negotiations with cast actors are ongoing. A Full list of our cast stars to attend this show shall soon be released. (The movie cast star credits include ? John Rhys-Davies, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Kate Capshaw, Karen Allen, Alison Doody, Jonathan Ke Quan, Alfred Molina, Paul Freeman, John Hurt, Wolf Kahler, Ronald Lacey, Plus many other Surprises.
Looks like no one told them that Ronald Lacey died 20 years ago.:( If they will be able to bring him back from the grave, I'll be there! Maybe that's one of the "surprises"?

Anyway, Chicago...great city and a fitting place for a convention considering it's connection with Indy's university days (plus Harrison grew up in the area). It's a good bet that Indyclone25, DocWhiskey & Chicago103 will be attending. Right?

droboogie1

I take it this is not endorsed by Lucasfilm? For a second I thought they were holding this (a la the Star Wars Celebrations) as a prelude to announcing a new Indy film and/or Blu-ray collection.

michael

I don't know much about conventions, but this was seems to be rather haggard at the moment.

The poster still says Los Angeles, the e-mail address at the bottom looks like a craigslist email, I dunno, man.

indyclone25

Stoo said:
Looks like no one told them that Ronald Lacey died 20 years ago.:( If they will be able to bring him back from the grave, I'll be there! Maybe that's one of the "surprises"?

Anyway, Chicago...great city and a fitting place for a convention considering it's connection with Indy's university days (plus Harrison grew up in the area). It's a good bet that Indyclone25, DocWhiskey & Chicago103 will be attending. Right?
you know i will be there :D

Montana Smith

Is this 'Chicago' event even for real?

Piggy-backing their 'Negotiaions with cast actors' on a list of actors from the movies gives an inflated impression of the likely final product.

This appears like either a no-goer, and an intentional no-goer.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

"The Nigerian Indyan Johns Fan Club is please to offer the opportunity to attending a lifetime once event, to be held in Los Angeles, on the sunny shores of Chicago. Send 50 of your US dollars to us now and you'll be in for big surprises. Please also be including full bank details and passwords."

Captain Craig

I'd like to attend a well put together Indy Convention. I'll keep track of this thread to see if positive news arises on this moving forward!!

harvey

Montana Smith said:
Is this 'Chicago' event even for real?

Piggy-backing their 'Negotiaions with cast actors' on a list of actors from the movies gives an inflated impression of the likely final product.

Especially since one of them is dead. :eek:

DocWhiskey

Stoo said:
It's a good bet that Indyclone25, DocWhiskey & Chicago103 will be attending. Right?

If this convention pulls through and actually seems worth while, count me in for sure. But, as of now, we need some more details.

Stoo

harvey7297 said:
Especially since one of them is dead. :eek:
Along with Ronald Lacey, others on the roster slated to appear are:

Denholm Elliott (Marcus)
William Hootkins (Maj. Eaton)
Patrick Durkin (Australian Climber)
Martin Grace (Stuntman)
Ronny Coutteure (Remy)

...and last but not least:

Pat Roach (German Mechanic, Giant Sherpa, Thuggee Guard, Gestapo Agent, WW1 Flying Ace)
Doc Whiskey said:
If this convention pulls through and actually seems worth while, count me in for sure. But, as of now, we need some more details.
Hi, Doc. Welcome back. For your, Indyclone's and Indy's brother's sake, I hope it pulls through but it does seem rather dubious at the moment.:(

Indy's brother

Not only does the poster cite Los Angeles, but so does the actual info at the top of that page:

Indiana Jones Tribute Convention Show
Los Angeles, California, USA
Early October

I grew up in the greater Chicago area and I've never heard of this venue:

Venue
Movie Cast Convention Appearance

Not to mention the phone number:

Infophone
1-2-34-567-8900

So the first numbers are... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest phone number I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

harvey

Stoo said:
Along with Ronald Lacey, others on the roster slated to appear are:

Denholm Elliott (Marcus)
William Hootkins (Maj. Eaton)
Patrick Durkin (Australian Climber)
Martin Grace (Stuntman)
Ronny Coutteure (Remy)

...and last but not least:

Pat Roach (German Mechanic, Giant Sherpa, Thuggee Guard, Gestapo Agent, WW1 Flying Ace)
(

<gasp> Wonder if they're signing...!? :D