Indy Characters

xxIndyxVogelxx

just wondering, are any of the original characters other than indy in any of the indiana jones novels? i have a few of the books (secret of the sphinx, etc...) and i know that belloq is one of the originals mentioned, but are any other villains and goodguys mentioned?:confused:

DIrishB

Oh yeah...

Sallah is in several of the novels, Lao Che is in one, Wu Han is in one, Marcus is in most, Katanga is in one (if I recall correctly...he's definitely in the Marvel Comics "Further Adventures" of IJ comics), Belloq is in a few (as you mentioned)...Mac is set to appear in an upcoming Indy novel ("IJ and the Army of the Dead"). Marion and Short Round also appear in the Further Adventures comics, and Professor Henry Jones Sr. plays a major role in the DH comic "IJ & the Spear of Destiny".

I know there are a bunch I'm not thinking of, but those give a good idea that yes, LOTS of the movie characters appear in the novels (and comics).

Hope that helps. (y)

Stoo

In addition to DIrishB's list:

-Marvel's "Further Adventures" also has Jock, Sallah, Toht's evil sister, Ilsa, and Abner (perhaps).
-Dark Horse comics have Marcus Brody
-Herman, Henry Sr., Marcus, Sallah and Ms. Seymour are all in the "Young Indiana Jones" junior novels.
-Herman & Fedora are in the German novel, "Indiana Jones und das Verschwundene Volk (and the Lost People)"
-Belloq's brother, Claude, is in the Find-Your-Fate book, "Eye of the Fates"
-Belloq's son writes notes for 1/2 of "Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones"

Any more out there?:confused:

xxIndyxVogelxx

From what I've seen posted here, it doesn't seem like many of the original baddies other than Belloq are in the books...plenty of goodguys out there though.
I think the authors should give some of the original villains some credit.

And wait a minute...

BELLOQ HAD A SON?!?!?!

With whom, dare I ask?