Indy decided to wear his satchel on the outside?

Cagefighterkip

each film has variations on the classic Indy look --

Raiders has the bag under the jacket, usually wearing the leather jacket (except in the Cairo/Basket Game scenes) and with his hat and all... Temple of Doom, he has his jacket in the beginning, but looses it at a point in the temple -- and has the bag around him but looses a sleeve on his safarai shirt... Last Crusade is pretty much the same as Raiders, with the exception of the black tie, and in Crystal Skull he has the bag over the jacket... my fave Indy look was always the look in the Cairo/Basket game scenes with no jacket, sleeves rolled up (also in the Crystal Skull prologue), or no jacket w/sleeve torn off... I don't mind the bag on the outside, its just another (slight) variation on the same theme. As long it LOOKS and FEELS like Indy, i'm down with what changes they make... love the looks of Indy's classic clothes in all four great movies (wow this is long)

Webley

We've been seeing Doc. Jones with his satchel on the outside of his jacket for over 20 years did any of you guys reed Marvel comics the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones? Some times he wouldnt even have the bag at all in the Marvel books.

Irfaan

I also noticed this! I thought it was kinda good as a change, different things for different enviroments i guess...

@ Others: I didn't notice any socks, better watch KOTCS again!

H

Henry-Defance

im totally going back to look for these socks in HD. I cant imagine indy w/ anything less than golden toe.

Sam Falco

Well from a FUNCTION standpoint, an adventurer would probably prefer to wear the bag strap UNDER the jacket, because when he's trekking through different climates (climbing mountains and going from daytime to nighttime in the jungle, etc) he's more likely to wanna remove the jacket/put it back on rather than have to go through the hassle of taking off the bag each time. Also, if he's gotta make a getaway, the bag might get snagged on stuff while he's running through various terrain.

Speaking from a personal stanpoint, when I was filming Amulet of the God's, I preferred to wear the bag under the jacket because I'd take it off between shots when it was hot out.

Insomniac

I think it might have to do with something with the tank Scene in Last Crusade when his bag get hooked on to the tanks left gun he couldn't get off the tank cuz the jacket trapped the strap underneath it.

YAY OR NAY???
(y) (n)

Morning Bell

DocWhiskey said:
IT'S A SATCHEL DAMN IT!:mad:

:p

Indeed!

As for the original post, I've wondered this too. I know it really shouldn't make any difference but I've always wondered why he decided to wear it on the outside for this film.

Oh well, at least KOTCS had the satchel, unlike SoK.;)