Indy IV lines

Lon

Does anyone think that Indy IV will draw the "line culture" that the Star Wars prequels or other pop culture related things (such as iPhone, Playstation or XBox)?

Anyone planning on standing in line for opening day days early?

NileQT87

as a person who recently dressed as a pirate for a certain movie this summer, yes. indy will definitely get the "line" culture of people going to midnight showings, etc...

the fantasy/adventure movies often have that culture attracted to them. indiana jones has a lot of carry-over from the star wars fandom.

and you meant "homage" not "montage".

Niteshade007

Yeah, I know a little about dressing up for a movie...

0-1.jpg

1-6.jpg

I'm Peter Parker. I don't normally dress like that.

Next summer I'm going to London for a study abroad program, so hopefully, I'll be there at the time of the premiere and maybe be able to go? I don't know, but I hear it's easier to get into premieres in London than here...not sure how accurate that information is, but fingers crossed it's true!

Shortie

I won't stand in line. But I will probably pre-order tickets. I have a feeling Indy IV may break Spidey 3's opening day record. :gun:

scifiwolf

I've never been one to wait in lines. For Spider-Man 3, I had my tickets, in hand, a week in advance. Same goes for the Star Wars movies. I have much better things to do than wait in a line for anything.

oki9Sedo

Oh there'll definitely be people dressed up as Indy camping out in front of the cinema. I won't be one of them, much as I adore these movies.

Vendetta08

There will definitely be people dressing up as Indy and going to the mid-night showings, but I seriously doubt anyone will be waiting in lines for days. People don't do that anymore as just about anyone can get a ticket 30 minutes before the show starts. There's no reason to camp out in front of a theater days ahead anymore. lol

JimmyPSHayes

I don't know, I might wait in line the night of the movie. But not to buy tickets. I've meet some very interesting people waiting in line for movies and toys, but then again, you might get stuck next to someone that you don't like.

sarah navarro

ill stand in line as long as i have to just so i can say i was first in line to see the record breaking best movie ever :whip: and just because indy is so awesome;)

Rob67

People who get so emotionally into something that is not making them money or that they don't have creative control over scares me. I always thought the people who waited in line and dressed up for movies needed more socialization as children! :D

Niteshade007

I don't know. I had never dressed up for a movie before, and really only went along with it because my friends were doing it. I probably won't dress up for Indiana Jones 4 because a) I the only one of my friends who is a real fan of Indiana Jones, and b) I wouldn't know what everyone else should dress up as (I would obviously be Indiana Jones). But I think if you dress up with your friends, then it's just fun. You look stupid, but you don't really care because you are with your friends and just having a good time. Hell, we even got on the news because we were dressed up. Embarrassing? Of course, but still fun and another story to tell. Now, there are certain things that I think are sad, like dining alone or going to the mvies alone. I did see someone in full Spider-Man gear by himself, and I felt bad for him. He is the one who didn't get enough socialization as a child. We're among friends, how can you say that we aren't social enough?

sarah navarro

Rob67 said:
People who get so emotionally into something that is not making them money or that they don't have creative control over scares me. I always thought the people who waited in line and dressed up for movies needed more socialization as children! :D

hey i am still a child!

Indy1986

He I need some advice
ok so i will be studying in the US when Indy4 comes.
Of course i want get into the fist premiere audition.
so how is it other there in America. Can you really just order your tickets? And if so can you choose a certain seat.Can you come as late as you want with preordered tickets? What do I have to do to be able to see the first audition?
Thanks

Rob67

Niteshade007 said:
I don't know. I had never dressed up for a movie before, and really only went along with it because my friends were doing it. I probably won't dress up for Indiana Jones 4 because a) I the only one of my friends who is a real fan of Indiana Jones, and b) I wouldn't know what everyone else should dress up as (I would obviously be Indiana Jones). But I think if you dress up with your friends, then it's just fun. You look stupid, but you don't really care because you are with your friends and just having a good time. Hell, we even got on the news because we were dressed up. Embarrassing? Of course, but still fun and another story to tell. Now, there are certain things that I think are sad, like dining alone or going to the mvies alone. I did see someone in full Spider-Man gear by himself, and I felt bad for him. He is the one who didn't get enough socialization as a child. We're among friends, how can you say that we aren't social enough?

I hear you...I guess it was the crowds I ran with as a kid...we were too busy chasing girls! :whip: LOL!

Seriously, I am a huge fan like everyone else. I went to see Phantom Menace the first week it was out (I will never wait in line, though). But I remember seeing some of these people dressed up as jedi or whatever and it made me wonder why. Just a little geeky. ;)

Now, the Trekkie people REALLY scare me...LOL!

Niteshade007

Rob67 said:
I hear you...I guess it was the crowds I ran with as a kid...we were too busy chasing girls! :whip: LOL!

Seriously, I am a huge fan like everyone else. I went to see Phantom Menace the first week it was out (I will never wait in line, though). But I remember seeing some of these people dressed up as jedi or whatever and it made me wonder why. Just a little geeky. ;)

Now, the Trekkie people REALLY scare me...LOL!

Oh, see, most of my friends are girls. And I'm not big on Star Wars, that's too geeky for me (now I'm waiting for the torches and pitchforks). And I didn't go to the Spider-Man premiere because I'm in love with the series or the comics. In fact, I've never read a comic in my life. I just went for the fun of it.

Indy1986 said:
He I need some advice
ok so i will be studying in the US when Indy4 comes.
Of course i want get into the fist premiere audition.
so how is it other there in America. Can you really just order your tickets? And if so can you choose a certain seat.Can you come as late as you want with preordered tickets? What do I have to do to be able to see the first audition?
Thanks

If you mean the actual premiere, the one Spielburg and Ford and the others will be attending, most people cannot attend that. I hear in Europe it's different, where anyone can get into a premiere. Here, it's mostly by invitation only. Now, if you want to see the midnight showing at a local theater, that shouldn't be a problem, but the actual premiere will be difficult, if not impossible, to get into. I hope this helps, sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Indy fan 235

I think Indy 4 will have a good turn out and line. The kids who grow up on Indy will be there to see it, with their own kids in tow, and younger kids, the teens and older, will no doubt want to see it once the trailers are up.