Indy pants

kevblee

Anyone know if you can get the pants in the US...or do you have to get them from the UK? Todds was listed....but he does not sell them.

Mickiana

Wested sells them and they are very good. I've got two pairs of them now, although the last pair didn't have the bottoms of the legs taken up and I had to take them to a dress maker to do so. No big deal, just a small oversight. But they are a nice, conservative style that are very comfortable to wear.

oki9Sedo

kevblee said:
Anyone know if you can get the pants in the US...or do you have to get them from the UK? Todds was listed....but he does not sell them.

You can get his underpants for free as well:

skidmark.jpg

kevblee

Now that's just plain scary.

Wested sounds like the best bet....but with the current exchange rate....not sure it's worth it. Thanks for the tips.

Raider Joe

Kevin said:
Here are some "close enough" pants if you don't want to shell out for the Westeds:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...1&langId=-1&parentCategory=504825&cat4=502921

In dark khaki, they work pretty well, as they are pleated and have rear flaps, but they are cotton while Indy's pants were wool.

I can vouch for the LL Bean pants. They're very nice, suitable for business casual in the workplace too and very durable. Plus, they're treated with stain repellant or something, as it repels water strangely.

Nice pants...I'd highly recommend them. Make sure you measure well for inseam--Bean does a good job with sizing and returns too from past experience.

Mr. Fusion

Raider Joe said:
I can vouch for the LL Bean pants. They're very nice, suitable for business casual in the workplace too and very durable. Plus, they're treated with stain repellant or something, as it repels water strangely.

Nice pants...I'd highly recommend them. Make sure you measure well for inseam--Bean does a good job with sizing and returns too from past experience.

Absolutely! I love my LL Bean chinos. If I could afford a pair of Wested pants, I'd get them. They are the closest you'll get to the Noel Howard pants. But the LL Bean pants are very nice and pretty accurate.

IndyAJA77

Another option is to get a pair of WWII officer's "pinks". They were an inspiration for Indy's pants. These pants can be found at Army surplus stores and at places that make reproductions, such as What Price Glory and WWII Impressions. Price-wise finding a pair at a surplus store may be best, otherwise, I would guess L.L. Bean has the best price and of course they offer great quality.

indy34

caats said:
finding the right pants at Goodwill is proving difficult
Have you tried army surplus I went to one a few months back but they either had one pocket on the back or weren't quite the right colour ( I'm one of those people who strive for screen accuracy:p ).