Indy V's Potential Box Office Haul

FordFan

Caught the 1:40pm and 7:00pm showings at Cineworld in North Wales today and both screenings were about 75% full. Busiest I've seen it there for a while!
75% at 1:40 in the afternoon on a Wednesday sounds pretty good to me. We shall see.

FordFan

My buddy is in a theater right now in Texas, nearly sold out. Mind you-- that's 3 in the afternoon on a Thursday.

Indy Jones

China isn't the magic land of movie money anymore lol

My buddy is in a theater right now in Texas, nearly sold out. Mind you-- that's 3 in the afternoon on a Thursday.
Well, pre-first day and first real day of release are gonna be filled with hardcore fans. The real test will be later on in the weekend and afterword, when it starts to have to rely on normies.

maybebutnottoday

the receipts of indy 5 for America previous Thursday is 7.2 million. not good after all. it is 30% of the first day which means 25 million total. same as the kingdom but with the difference that in 2008 it was Thursday and not Friday. its five-day of the kingdom there were 150 million in the dial, I see 80-90 million. I have to admit that I was wrong. I thought it would be almost the same people plus their children (from 10-15 years old). The last chance of the dial is to continue steadily from July 5th until the impossible. If you watch the kingdom after the first five days, that is, Tuesday, it drops sharply to 7 million. I don't remember which movie was released after the kingdom because the dial has no rival the following weekend. We'll see.

British Raider

It looks to be heading for a 55-60 million opening, but I suspect it won’t plummet like the Flash in weekend 2. Then I’d be very surprised. Still, I can see this only doing 600-700 million worldwide.

Face_Melt

It looks to be heading for a 55-60 million opening, but I suspect it won’t plummet like the Flash in weekend 2. Then I’d be very surprised. Still, I can see this only doing 600-700 million worldwide.
It made $25 million from Friday alone though so unless Saturday and Sunday are just massive drop offs it should hit $75 million easily (over 80 counting Thursday).

Plus with the July 4th holiday we should see great Monday and Tuesday’s for the film. And luckily we have a second weekend without another movie releasing.

Fingers crossed for this film..,

Grizzlor

Regardless of what it ends up making, it seems the fan response is greater than those at Cannes.
It's been said here before, but the Cannes decision was clearly a completely stupid one. They got savaged by reviewing trolls, while the rest of us wouldn't be able to see the film for weeks later.

fedoraboy

It's been said here before, but the Cannes decision was clearly a completely stupid one. They got savaged by reviewing trolls, while the rest of us wouldn't be able to see the film for weeks later.
Yes, it does look like the film is going to underperform and I do suspect the reason is that the 6 weeks following Cannes proved enough time for the mixed reviews and internet hate to spread far and wide. It's a real shame, as those who love the franchise seem to have (mostly) reacted very enthusiastically to the film. The mood on these boards is pretty celebratory - a million miles from where we were following the release of Skull.

I've not been to the cinema much this year, but I think it's a much better film than Avatar 2 and a (marginally) better film than Guardians 3 - both huge successes. It's a real shame that Indy could likely disappear with a whimper, all because of a stupid exec decision and misogynistic internet hate.