Indy's messenger bag

Dr.Jonesy

Does anybody else think that he should have kept the messenger bag uderneath the jacket like in the last 3 films?

I think this is just an Indy-Nerd quirk :hat: but oh well

little things I notice, I guess

Dr. Wolfwood

Perhaps they noticed that the bag causes wear and tear to the side of the trousers over time and that it is smarter to carry it over a jacket that can take the punishment... :p

The_Raiders

How often doess he use it anyways? :rolleyes: . Anyways, I also noticed the bag strap was not under his jacket like the other 3 films, and this bothers me alot, I can't stand the look of the strap outside of his jacket, in the 3 other films its under his jacket, I too also take notice to ever stitch, scuff, and scratch on Indy's attire.

caats

he did have it across his chest in other times. it was like when he had a tie in crusade. not feeling the tie

TheMutt92

torao said:
Seriously?

Yeah. It may be on the "Pre-production" feature on disc 1, if not its on the bonus disc. I believe its where they're talking about Indy's outfit, and how they had a special bag for close ups and all.

Ajax the Great

The whole bag over jacket deal really annoys me for some reason - it just ruins the look of the jacket from behind...

Oh, and he hardly used his bag in this movie - another thing I was missing...

DarthGemni

TheMutt92 said:
Yeah. It may be on the "Pre-production" feature on disc 1, if not its on the bonus disc. I believe its where they're talking about Indy's outfit, and how they had a special bag for close ups and all.

I remember that as well - if I recall, didn't they say they actually used an old bag from the first 3 films for the close ups?

caats

Ajax the Great said:
The whole bag over jacket deal really annoys me for some reason - it just ruins the look of the jacket from behind...

Oh, and he hardly used his bag in this movie - another thing I was missing...

besides temple of doom, does he really use it that often?

Ajax the Great

caats said:
besides temple of doom, does he really use it that often?

Not too much, but it's a staple of the Indy gear. The filmmakers even went so far as to stuff the bag with cardboard and crumpled paper to make it look lumpy and filled with stuff. The fourth movie showed the bag to be rather empty...