Indy's Star Wars References

ROTLA

Being that I haven't posted all that much, I'm not sure if this has ever been a topic. But, how many references to Star Wars have you noticed in the Indy films?

Right off the bat, two big ones jump out: Club Obi-Wan and the picture of R2-D2 etched into the wall when Indy is getting the Ark.

(Slightly off topic, one of my favorite moments in LC is when Elsa asks Indy if he's sure the picture on the wall is of the Ark and he replies, "I'm pretty sure.")

Finn

Staff member
At least one more in Raiders: check out the identification number in the rudder of Jock's plane... ;)

Quest

The thuggee's he runs after but then quickly runs away from them again because they're with a whole group. Just like in Star Wars as Han Solo storming the stormtroopers. Guess its a reference.

spohlso

Actually, it was OB-3P0, the reference being Obi Wan and (obviously) C-3P0.

Other than that, Club Obi-Wan and the hieroglyphics I can't think of any more references. Am I missing some?

(Yeah, I know I spelled it wrong.)

Adventure Lad

I'm suprised no-one has posted yet but in TOD, Indy flicks a coin to Short Round as he does to the bar-keeper of the cantina in "A New Hope".

Adventure Lad

This one's not exactly a DIRECT Star Wars reference but more a relation to all of Harrison's movies -
He points his index finger ALOT.

Infact i'm sure that in almost all of his movies he's seen pointing his finger at one stage. Maybe it's his "trademark"?

wolfgang

Guys, I need help finding the R2D2 picture on raiders(or is it on raiders?) please tell me the exact scene. I'll like to watch it

NileQT87

also "trust me" and "hey its me"

marion was designed to be a copy of leia since harrison had such chemistry with carrie fisher, and karen allen was similar...they also have similar attitudes.

han's motto is shoot first ask questions later. indys motto is pretty much the same.

han is a man of the galaxy...hes been around. indy has had his share of girls as well.

indy is accused of being a grave robber in some countries. han was a spice smuggler.

indys whip is hans blaster.

wu han--han solo? coincidence?

jaques rhymes with dack, and reggie rhymes with wedgie...err...wedge. jaques and reggie are in a plane. dack and wedge are rogue squadron pilots.

john williams wrote both soundtracks.

indy deflowers marion, and its highly likely that han deflowers leia.

Finn

Staff member
NileQT87-Solo_Baggins said:
han's motto is shoot first ask questions later. indys motto is pretty much the same.
I wouldn't agree on this.

NileQT87-Solo_Baggins said:
jaques rhymes with dack, and reggie rhymes with wedgie...err...wedge. jaques and reggie are in a plane. dack and wedge are rogue squadron pilots.
It's <i>Jock</i>, not "Jaques".

NileQT87

jaques is pronouced jock...thats why i wrote it that way.

jock and dack is still similar.

eh...indy is han on earth. personalities are the same. the only difference is indy has a knowledge of archeaology and a fear of snakes...han probably has a fear of carbonite freeze.

swords

I read that Spielberg was watching Empire Strikes Back and he got the idea that Ford could be a good Indy. So Han Solo might have been a character catalyst.

Finn

Staff member
This is going OT, but I could dig up a trillion threads about the nature of Indy and how he tries to avoid the trouble instead of looking for it... :p I still disagree.

Good one, swords.

NileQT87

"well marching into the detention block is not what i had in mind."
"these guys must be hotter than i thought."
-han (a new hope)

han does not look for trouble. he just has a habit of being troublesome [hardheaded corellian] and hanging out with people on the empires most wanted list and of course dumping jabbas spice cargo...which meant he was on jabbas most wanted list.

yes, speilberg chose harrison because of empire strikes back.