Infernal Machine for Game Boy Color

San Holo

Are any of you familiar with this hand-held version of Infernal Machine? I've never played IM, but I saw this one at the mall tonight and bought it. Hopefully it will work on my wife's old Game Boy.

It's terrible. Really, really terrible. I always got stuck on one of the later levels... but it's really not worth getting that far. Just awful. Hopefully it was cheap...

And it should work on GBC, GBA and DS. It won't work on an old-school monochrome GB though.

Oh and do see if you can get your hands on either the N64 or PC version of IM. Unfortunately the PC version runs poorly on XP... you can't use the higher powered weaponry without it crashing... but still, play cautiously with lower powered weaponry and you can do pretty well. The game's a lot better than it's hand-held counterpart.

I bought this for a couple of bucks. Never did get anywhere. I don't even think I got past the first few mintues. Then again I never did much like playing with the gameboy much.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ResidentAlien said:
Unfortunately the PC version runs poorly on XP... you can't use the higher powered weaponry without it crashing...
Yes you can, just only shoot when Indy is auto-aiming. There are roms and emulators for the GBC version, btw.

VP said:
Yes you can, just only shoot when Indy is auto-aiming. There are roms and emulators for the GBC version, btw.

And what if you still have the trigger down when the guard drops? Game crashes and you're still **** outta luck. I find it's best not to use those weapons at all...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've got the GBC version. I bought it because I suck at the PC version and am better at Game Boy, but as a GB game it's pretty crap. I've played better.