Insanely Awesome Series at Local Arthouse Cinema...

Chicago Jones

If you talking about Far From Heaven then Haynes payed homage to Douglas Sirk and I have seen Sirks, All The Heaven Allows and Imitations Of Life. All very good films you very negative child.:whip:

Chicago Jones said:
If you talking about Far From Heaven then Haynes payed homage to Douglas Sirk and I have seen Sirks, All The Heaven Allows and Imitations Of Life. All very good films you very negative child.:whip:

Wow, you don't even know what Nouvelle Vague is? And you think you have the right to criticize film?

Go get an education.

Chicago Jones said:
Its just a fancy way to say French New Wave something I learnt about my first day in Film School.

Well you obviously aren't getting a very good education.

Quit being so dismissive of those who aspire to something greater than mainstream acceptance.

Chicago Jones

boom thats my point its seems like almost every art student or whatever try to be different just because liking "art house" films makes them look smart or something.

I'm bored with this argument or whatever you call it.

Chicago Jones said:
boom thats my point its seems like almost every art student or whatever try to be different just because liking "art house" films makes them look smart or something.

I'm bored with this argument or whatever you call it.

You don't even understand the argument. You're just frustrated by your inability to understand works that are clearly above you. It's ok. I understand that you have ADHD-- I forgive you.

Here, have a paint by numbers Steven Seagal film. At least they have an easily digestible plot for you.

Chicago Jones said:
I'll take any Seagal film over what you call "art". Hell I'll even ****ing watch Transformers II.

I know you would. It's all your peanut brain can handle before getting over-load anxiety.

Chicago Jones said:
Peanut Brain...sounds like a treat. *Yawn* your attempts to insult me are insulting to me.

Your attempts to insult art and those who appreciate it are telling enough about you.

Now **** off to the Transformers topic and leave mine alone.

Angel Heart was a lovely print and a delightful experience. Sadly, The Wall was a DVD. Still a fine experience. And to be perfectly truthful, that's the only time I've seen a DVD screened that didn't look positively dreadful. In fact, it looked remarkably crisp and clean with no artifacting or distortion from the large-scale projection. Whatever they did, it looked quite nice.

Oh and I won free tickets to see the premier local Pink Floyd cover band tomorrow night. Hopefully I can make it...

deckard24

Angel Heart was a terrific film, that's definitely one I would like to see on the big screen.

The local Arthouse theater by me was playing A Hard Day's Night this weekend, but unfortunately I don't have time to make it. Sadly no Indy showings this summer, but they will be playing The Big Lebowski, The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, and A Nightmare on Elm Street soon!(y)

Pink Floyd cover band huh? That could be cool. Years ago I went to see the laser light show of Dark Side of the Moon, that was an experience.

Chicago Jones

deckard24 said:
Angel Heart was a terrific film, that's definitely one I would like to see on the big screen.

The local Arthouse theater by me was playing A Hard Day's Night this weekend, but unfortunately I don't have time to make it. Sadly no Indy showings this summer, but they will be playing The Big Lebowski, The Shining, Rosemary's Baby, and A Nightmare on Elm Street soon!(y)

Pink Floyd cover band huh? That could be cool. Years ago I went to see the laser light show of Dark Side of the Moon, that was an experience.

Man I would give my left nut to see NOES and Big Lebowski!

deckard24 said:
Pink Floyd cover band huh? That could be cool.

If you haven't already, check out TAPFS, The Australian Pink Floyd Show. They replicate the Gilmour staged shows including elements like the circular screen w/vari-lights, and in some cases out-do them, (Great Gig usually showcases some singers from the loacales they perform). I posted a version of Great Gig theat puts their choice of singers to shame...

Gear

This is off topic, I'm sorry, but speaking of the like. My dad once took me to a Beatles cover band show that was quite good as they were believable to be the Fabs. "John" during the beginning pointed to some younger guys in one of the front rows and said "Bet you lot thought this was gonna be a Back Street Boys concert!" Then again, last summer I saw a... can't call them terrible, but... yeah, an AC/DC tribute band.

I could never be in a cover band. Being confined to do other peoples' stuff. Having to be some other person. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't do it.

But. It would be fantastic if my hometown theater actual showed some films. There are some films from the 70s that would be enjoyable (and amusing as that seems to be the time when they began to learn they could use heavy profanity in a movie) and then some good horror flicks from the 50s, like War of the Worlds, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc.

TennesseBuck

Chicago Jones said:
Peanut Brain...sounds like a treat. *Yawn* your attempts to insult me are insulting to me.

I just wanted to say that films do not need to have a plot to work. Some of the greatest films ever made have no plot, like Taxi Driver or Nights at Cabiria. With exceptions to the rule, plot can sometimes be a hindrance. ;)

TennesseBuck said:
I just wanted to say that films do not need to have a plot to work. Some of the greatest films ever made have no plot, like Taxi Driver or Nights at Cabiria. With exceptions to the rule, plot can sometimes be a hindrance. ;)

Nights of Cabiria and Taxi Driver both have plots. Not traditional plots, but they do have plots.

Mothlight or say... Dog Star Man do not have plots. Un Chien Andalou does not have a plot. Blood of a Poet... sort of has a plot, though it's loose and certainly unconventional.