Interesting Theater Experiences?

robweiner8

Did anyone have any particularly cool stuff happen at the midnight showing? I sure did. These two guys dressed as Nazis showed up, and when they saw me said "Look it's Indiana Jones' to which I replied "Nazis, I hate these guys."
After the film was over, on the way out, a guy taps me on the shoulder. I turned around and he says "Mr. Ford, may I please have your autograph?" That made me feel pretty cool:whip:
(Not sure if this is the right place to post this...)

DocWhiskey

Nothing from the premiere on Tuesday or the 10 AM showing last night(even though it was a private screening for my 6 friends and I lol). Everybody cheered when the film started though. No applause at the end :(

At the premiere when everyone was clapping and the Lucasfilm Logo came up some guy in the back shouted "Batman!" which was pretty funny.

xfkirsten

We had someone that showed up and was cracking a bullwhip in the middle of the theater. :p There was also someone who reenacted the Raiders opening scene using a popcorn bag as the bag of sand. :p

The Drifter

Only thing happened for me was some dude in the back whistling The Raider's March through all ten previews before th movie.

acsgrlie

Some people started singing the Raiders March before the movie and when the Lucasfilm logo appeared on screen.
A few claps were heard when the credits came up and just before that when Indy made it clear that he wasn't giving up his hat just yet ;)

Dust McAlan

The showing I went to got a lot of applause at the end actually. Lots of laughs, lots of applause. I'm really anxious to go back and see it again.

Dust McAlan

I almost forgot, the theater I went to had a small trivia contest before the film started. I won a poster for knowing the original title to Temple of Doom (which was Temple of Death), and I won a Nic Cage poster for his new film Bangkok Dangerous.

Yeah, uh, that was uhm, well, er....Bangkok Dangerous? Is that a sword fighting euphemism or something?

Crack that whip

At the midnight opening showing I attended there was a guy in full Indy costume. I jokingly asked him what movie he was there to see, hoping for a silly response, but he just gave me a straight answer. I now think he must have thought I was completely clueless, or at the very least not a fan.:eek: I should've asked him if he posted here, and then said who I was if he did. Oh, well. I also saw a young woman wearing an outfit one could reasonably describe as Indy-esque - not a specific recreation of the full gear or anything, but a fedora, a bag worn with a long shoulder strap across the body, and a dark jacket (not leather, but one that evoked a look we sometimes see young Indy in, as when he goes down to Mexico and winds up with Pancho Villa).

At the showing I attended last night, the theater had lots of handmade decorations up in addition to actual studio promo material, and was giving out small posters with the one-sheet art and packs of the Top Trumps cards. Unfortunately the sound in the auditorium I saw the movie in was pretty lacking, but oh well. They were also offering raffle tickets to raise money for some charity, offering the chance to win a one-sheet and a t-shirt and cap with the movie logo.

tupogirl

I brought a book for the previews and the girl next to me had a book too, lol. The guy behind us said 'who brings a book to the movies?' I think he might have known her though.

There was a trivia contest at ours too, but I didn't think I would know enough to win anything.

No Ticket

Some people started clapping during the credits, but when no one else joined in they awkwardly stopped.

Kind of interesting... and sad. I wasn't clapping, but I enjoyed the film. Still, I didn't clap because I didn't feel it deserved it. It could have been a lot better. It was medicore.

Nurhachi1991

Come to think of it this guy stood up pointed at a kid wearing a fedora and went NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!! Like Ogre in Revenge of the nerds. It was actully pretty funny

chad.jpg

Nurhachi1991

tupogirl said:
I brought a book for the previews and the girl next to me had a book too, lol. The guy behind us said 'who brings a book to the movies?' I think he might have known her though.

There was a trivia contest at ours too, but I didn't think I would know enough to win anything.

A trivia contest? Lucky I would have owned everyone and won the prize

Yure

We had a little adventure of our own.

We went to this multiplex, part of a big mall complex outside Naples in a suburban area, for the midnight screening. After the movie we (ten people with two cars) didn't immediately go away, someone was smoking, others talking about the movie. We went to the cars and headed to the gates only to discover that they locked us in the parking lot! We went all around with the faces all like "and now?". Isolated area, no one in sight.

Then I stopped the car in a place, went around looking to check a possibility... came back in the car and put the Raiders march on the CD. I hit the gas pedal to the metal and speeded right through the bushes that was around the gates, where a pedonal passaway was, with bushes on both sides. The other car followed through speeding after me and was a great adventurous exit from the parking lot :D

PS: no harm done ;)