Interview with George Lucas

The_Raiders

Lonsom_Drifter and I were talking about Lucas and him creating Indy 5 when we bagan to think what if he just recreated all three original films, so we cam up with this fake interview.

Lucas: Well i'm so happy to re-release the original indy trilogy, i wanted to keep it pretty close to the orgiginal as i could but just added afew new scenarios, i tihnk this new series came out great and i tink the indy fan population will love it

Lucas: "Spilberg was off filming some sorta movie, and I was putting all of my focus into these new Indy Re-makes. The fans will love them. We have updated the visuals slightly, and changed some characters and senerios a bit, but all three remakes are very faithful to the orginials."

Lucas: I mostly want these 3 film to focus on the old time fans, KOTCS was something for the new generation so I wanted to give them a new taste of Indy, but these originals are for the fans and I tihnk we did a great job and keeping the films to waht they truly are: true indiana jones films, just like the originals

Interviewer: "So, Mr. Lucas, tell us more about these remakes.
Lucas: "Sure. These films are a homage to the old-school way of film making. We may use CGI a bit here and there, but I assure everyone it is very sparse. The action is top-notch, and the plot is tweaked. By teaked I mean made better. I REWROTE each orginal script MYSELF! I also directed them MYSELF!"

interviewer: Thats very interesting mr.lucas, how do you think the old school fans will react?
Lucas: WEl I just love the fans and the money i make off them, as i said before these are made the old fasion way done completly by myself, i think i'll release a box set and sell it for WAY to much and not let people know it would be cheaper to buy each individuallly, that'd be pretty fun,

Interviewer: So, will there be any special features in the DVDs, any hope for Blueray release?
Lucas: "Good question. There will be three versions of the dvds. Indiviually, which will have NO features, The regular boxset which will have me flapping my gums at the camera about my wonderful schemes. And, the ULTRA, SUPER, BOXSET OF DOOM! Which will cost 500.00 and come with little figures of Shia."

interviewr: well mr.lucas it sounds as though theres going to be alot of secrets and tricky things for the fans to discover in these films and merchandise, you mind telling us afew?
Lucas: Well why not? welli was thinkin about the little shia figures that come with my super box set, well i was thinking dding a price tag on them too, and also i was begining to thinkwe should take out the truck chase

Interviewer: That is one of the most well-loved scenes by the fans.
Lucas: "No, I know what they love. That scene was too sloppy. You can clearly see Vic Armstrongs face in some scenes! So, I took that out, and added a epic battle with Indy against 1,000 Jar Jars..er, I mean Nazis!

interviwer: that sounds very interesting george, can you tell us about casting?
Lucas: Well indy our main hero, well I decided shia could replace him, becasue shia really brings the charactor to life in a way i've never seen in an actor, R2 and 3P0 are playing Marcus and Sallah, henry sr will be completly uh computer generated becasue i think he needs 2 be limetless kind of a free charactor

Interviewer: Hmmm, that is very interesting. Will Harrsion Ford have a cameo?
Lucas: I will be playing Short Round. I found it sort of ironic, and I love irony. It gives so much depth. The fans will loves the remakes! They are so full of spirit. I also replaced the mcguffins, we have a new McGuffin for all the films now. I'll give you a hint. . . .all three are the crystal skulls.

interviewr: 3 skulls huh in each film?
Lucas:Well that was only a hint, there may be a lightsaber in there somewhere

Interviewer: Any more tidbits you wish to share?
Lucas: Yes. I am making a brand new Indy movie staring Hannah Montana as Indy's grand-daughter. It takes place in the current time period and she is into digging old relics like her grand-father. She'll set off on an adventure to find Indiana Jones who was kidnapped by Jedi..er, I mean assassins! Yeah, ASSASSINS!"

Indy_Chic

The_Raiders said:
Interviewer: So, will there be any special features in the DVDs, any hope for Blueray release?

Lucas: "Good question. There will be three versions of the dvds. Indiviually, which will have NO features, The regular boxset which will have me flapping my gums at the camera about my wonderful schemes. And, the ULTRA, SUPER, BOXSET OF DOOM! Which will cost 500.00 and come with little figures of Shia."

LMAO!!! This little interview had me in giggles, who knows what George Lucas will be up to next?:p Thanks Raiders and Lonsome_Drifter!

"Toy Maker that makes films..."

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5247189&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5247189&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/5247189">George Lucas: Maker of Films (1971)</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user214947">Michael Heilemann</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>