Is it wrong for me to like Raiders the least?

DrJones35

it's a great film, but I'm definitely more in favor of TOD and LC. It feels like the Indy formula is there, but the character is better in the other two. plus i HATE Marion

No Ticket

I think you've definitely broken some kind of TRUE Indiana Jones fan rule. Therefore you can never become one.

I'm sorry. :(

Indy's brother

DrJones35 said:
it's a great film, but I'm definitely more in favor of TOD and LC. It feels like the Indy formula is there, but the character is better in the other two. plus i HATE Marion

Well, personally, I disagree with you. As my opinion is that Raiders is the greatest film ever made, I will never understand your mind. However, you are entitled to your opinion, just as you are entitled to paint a bullseye on your back and have everyone here dogpile on you (just my prediction). I won't though. Hey, isn't there a thread like this around here somewhere already?

jamiestarr

My wife loves all the Indy flicks, but enjoys Raiders the least. She just doesn't think it is as fun as the others....

indyrcks

I love Raiders it is the best out of all of them plus Belloq is the best villian in Raiders he can play nice and nasty :D

oki9Sedo

jamiestarr said:
My wife loves all the Indy flicks, but enjoys Raiders the least. She just doesn't think it is as fun as the others....

Its the most serious and most grounded in reality of the three for sure.

arkfinder

I think Raiders is too perfect. I like the roughness of TOD. While I also like story of LC. The action & story of KOCS is great.

Raiders is just on another level.

StoneTriple

DrJones35 said:
....plus i HATE Marion
ban1.gif

Ajax the Great

Although I don't think you can be called "wrong," I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon here and respectfully disagree with you. To me, Raiders is the quintessential film because there were no particularly weak links. The directing, storyline, cast, characters, music, sets all meshed together very well - creating what I feel to be the single greatest movie ever made.

I did however, go through a period in which I found LC and ToD the most "re-watchable" and I still enjoy watching them very much. Nevertheless, I must say that Raiders is the best film of the series.

I'm curious as to why you hate Marion - most Indy fans seem to hate Willie. Could you explain why?

Dr Bones

Wrong to like it least... Up to you, it's only your opinion.

Wrong to openly admit it on this forum...unwise perhaps even foolhardy.

To try and convince others on here it's true...futile.

To think you won't get seriously flamed for voicing said opinion..WRONG!!!
:whip:

Mickiana

Wrong is a strong way to put it. It's definitely questionable though. Was it the first film you saw? For a lot of us it was and so had a greater impact. I personally think it was the best and sets a standard that not even the makers have reached again.

DrJones35 said:

I also prefer TOD & LC. :whip:

monkey

I love all the Indy films. How can you not?

But I must agree with others here that to not put RAIDERS as your #1 Indy movie is kind of ..................blasphemy............? Or something like it.

No offense.

In fact, I find your opinion to be extremely interesting. Maybe there is a new paradigm with which we need to look at the Indy films.

After all, Indy IV changed the whole equation in so many ways.......... why not?

Personally I would rank RAIDERS as the best Indy film. TOD would be #2. The other two are ......unfortunately .......rather forgettable.

Sorry to all the LC and LOTKS lovers.

But as stated above...........I still love all of them.

Major West

I know plenty of people that like The Last Crusade the best, and from the point of view of the average non fan it's obvious to see why. The Connery and Ford duo, the comedic aspects and the happy uplifting ending.

In terms of a brilliant action film and general well made piece of cinema though, Raiders is the clear winner.

ScarfaceJoker

I would say that Raiders is easily the best film out of the 4, I find Temple and Crusade to have more pure entertainment value.

Part of this, I believe, is because I saw Temple first when I was young, so I have a much bigger soft spot for it than Raiders or Crusade.

Although between the three of them it's like saying I love one of my (hypothetical) children better than the other!

Nurhachi1991

DrJones35 said:

I Hate Marion to!!!! High Five :D

But Raiders is the best film ever made but don't feel bad for hating Marion like I said I do and I'm probally a bigger fan than half the people here.

belloq36

DrJones35 said:
i just see no redeeming qualities in her

Why does she need redeeming? You're one of a select few who feel this way, after all, they brought her back in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for a reason. Oh, and by the way, I think she's fine the way she is: tough, willing to stand up for herself. What's wrong with that?