Is Mutt, in fact, actually alive?

Do you think that Mutt is actually still alive despite Indy believing otherwise?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • No, I’m convinced.

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • (No opinion)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I’m not sure

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

michael

if Dial was a MCU movie they would have had a post credits scene in the jungle with a bloody body laying down.

at first you think it's a dead person, but then his hand slowly reaches to his pocket, pulling out his switch blade

a HINT of the adventures of Mutt theme plays.

crowd goes wild

Last edited:

The Lone Raider

if Dial was a MCU movie they would have had a post credits scene in the jungle with a bloody body laying down.

at first you think it's a dead person, but then his hand slowly reaches to his pocket, pulling out his switch blade

a HINT of the adventures of Mutt theme plays.

crowd goes wild
That's pretty much exactly how it would go 😂 Well done

michael

One thing that sucks about Mutt 'dying' is that I would have loved to hear what JW would have done with his theme in Dial.

There's a beautiful moment at the end of the KOTCS end credits suite where it kinda flourishes a quick bit of Mutts theme at the end with the raiders march.

The Lone Raider

One thing that sucks about Mutt 'dying' is that I would have loved to hear what JW would have done with his theme in Dial.

There's a beautiful moment at the end of the KOTCS end credits suite where it kinda flourishes a quick bit of Mutts theme at the end with the raiders march.
I really would have preferred a somber version of Mutt's theme that then transitioned into Marion's when Indy was talking about him to Helena on the boat. Instead it was only Marion's theme. Missed opportunity.

michael

the movie would have been so much better with Shia than PWB.

I don't even think PWB is a good actress.

Would have been an incredible redemption for the character of Mutt.

Indy survived all of WW1, and i mean LITERALLY ALMOST ALL OF IT.

Was an absolute beast in WW2.

But Indy's son?

Nah he dies asap.

I guess Mutt didn't get the 'luck' gene

Finn

Staff member
I guess Mutt didn't get the 'luck' gene
Nah, he obviously didn't inherit dad's plot armor.

We might as well go full meta here, as the obvious reason for Mutt's ultimate fate is that Shia's burnt a few bridges over his career. Which is a shame, really, as he is one heck of an actor.

Spiked

Nah, he obviously didn't inherit dad's plot armor.

We might as well go full meta here, as the obvious reason for Mutt's ultimate fate is that Shia's burnt a few bridges over his career. Which is a shame, really, as he is one heck of an actor.
He's good in "Fury" for example.

Randy_Flagg

the movie would have been so much better with Shia than PWB.

I don't even think PWB is a good actress.

Would have been an incredible redemption for the character of Mutt.
I don't think it would have worked for me. That would make Indy5 the third "Jones Family Adventure" movie in a row. It was fun in LC. It was less fun in KOTCS, and would have really felt tired in DOD.

I enjoyed PWB's performance at least as much as Shia's, so that wasn't an issue for me.

As for it being an "incredible redemption," that would depend on the writing. Since you're not so thrilled with the job the writers did with Indy or Helena in DOD, you're putting a surprising amount of faith in them for what they could have done with Mutt.

Spiked

I really would have preferred a somber version of Mutt's theme that then transitioned into Marion's when Indy was talking about him to Helena on the boat. Instead it was only Marion's theme. Missed opportunity.
Who would even know what "Mutt's theme" is?

The Lone Raider

I liked him, the greaser persona and Brando homage were all perfect for a 1950's film, some people just didn't get it.

I don't need Mutt to ever come back, though.
His rebellious personality would fit right in with the 1960s zeitgeist though. Yeah, the pompadour and biker jacket would be outdated by that time, so he wouldn't have the same getup he did at 19 years old, but he could still work in a late 60s setting.

At the same time, it's nice having a fresh cast each movie. I totally get that.

michael

His rebellious personality would fit right in with the 1960s zeitgeist though. Yeah, the pompadour and biker jacket would be outdated by that time, so he wouldn't have the same getup he did at 19 years old, but he could still work in a late 60s setting.

At the same time, it's nice having a fresh cast each movie. I totally get that.

nice try kid, but i think you brought a knife, to a gunfight to the Vietnam Conflict.