Jay Mohr jokes about Indy IV at this week's Interactive Achievement Awards

Col. Jones

ResidentAlien, can we agree on what Major West and Montana Smith said. That Indy is a proffesor of archaeology who has been on a some reputable digs, but mostly uses unorthodox practices.

Col. Jones said:
ResidentAlien, can we agree on what Major West and Montana Smith said. That Indy is a proffesor of archaeology who has been on a some reputable digs, but mostly uses unorthodox practices.

No.

You don't seem to fathom this simple concept-- he is a fictional character who in no way inhabits a realistic world. His endeavors are the same as the other characters that you mentioned and it is both foolish and nonsensical to spend time arguing that they are different or that one is more noble than the next. They are all three archetypal heroes who engage in completely unrealistic practices in the search of fictional treasure.

Col. Jones

ResidentAlien, I see no point in continuing this argument as you will never be able to convince me and I will never be able to convince you.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
He does use the Transit in Raiders right?

Yes, he does. That's the closest he gets to real archaeology.

In Temple of Doom he sneaks into the Thuggee temple.

In Last Crusade he breaks into the catacombs under the library.

In KOTCS he attempts grave robbing, then goes into the temple. The simple artifacts in his bag at the beginning of the film suggest that he might have been engaged in traditional archaeology.

indytim

HOLY COW! What crazy turns has this thread taken!? I only posted a bit of relayed media and it's turned into 'pistols at dawn' :gun: I started it so I'm finishing it. Let's call it a day with this thread here and now :hat:

Sharkey

People who can't take a joke are extreemists who can't look at something objectively.

So what? He doesn't like your precious. Was his "joke" funny?

Did he even come up with a joke?

Even Ed from the Indy cast complained about Uncharted being the Indy game we've been waiting for.

Col. Jones

I seem to have caused quite a bit of trouble. So let me clarify what I meant.

First off, my comments were not directed at Jay Mohr. He is entitled to his opinion. I am not to thin skinned as to enjoy a joke about my favorite series.

Second, I was not criticizing Uncharted. Uncharted is a great game, and also one of my personal favorites. I'm just tired of everyone saying Uncharted and Tomb Raider are the same as or rip offs of Indiana Jones; each series has its own unique feel. They all have the same basic formula, but they all execute it in different ways.

Third , even if what Indy was doing was legal back then, today it is undeniablily grave robbing. My point that was that Indy sells the artifacts he collects to the museum. Drake and Lara most likely do not. Does this make them villains, no because when comes down to it they choose good over evil.

I hope that clarifies what I typed, and again I sorry for causing all this trouble.