Jimmy Buffett

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
In the words of the Dude, New Sh*t has come to light: The tipping thing is bringing things into proper perspective.

I remember vacationing at a Family resort on Captiva Island. There, evidentally it's O.K. for parrotheads to be loud and drunk in the middle of the day in the Family (read: cheaper & more casual) restaurant -- but don't have two young kids with you in that Family establishment or else those same parrotheads will spend their time giving dirty looks.

It left a bad taste in mouth that I'll never forget.

News that those mothers don't tip is third party confirmation of what I already suspected about those self-absorbed affluent vagrants.

I've got no issue with Buffett's music or living in the moment. That's fine. Me? Since I'm musically retarded I like music that keys off stronger emotions and nostalgia. I'd rather listen to something by Bob Segar (Hollywood Nights), Peter Gabrial (Salsbury Hill), John Mellancamp (yes Roundshort, Pink Houses, in spades), or old U2 (Pride or New Years Day), rather than a song about a Hamburger any day.

Be fair Joe, these folks bring thier kids to the concert, and Jimmy even talks about when familes should cover "earmuffs" thier kids ears before he sings his famous, lets get drunk and screw. . ." (Just an old country love song). Hell The shows are fun, the people are fun, and I will see a Buffet show any time I am around!

I know some pretty obnoxius U2 fans to be fair . . .

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if this video was made before or after his plane was shot at in 1996 by Jamaican Police.

Forbidden Eye

Here’s longer video of the Jimmy Buffett tribute concert!

I either didn’t know or forgot Harrison Ford got his ear pierced because of Buffett!

Spiked

In the words of the Dude, New Sh*t has come to light: The tipping thing is bringing things into proper perspective.

I remember vacationing at a Family resort on Captiva Island. There, evidentally it's O.K. for parrotheads to be loud and drunk in the middle of the day in the Family (read: cheaper & more casual) restaurant -- but don't have two young kids with you in that Family establishment or else those same parrotheads will spend their time giving dirty looks.

It left a bad taste in mouth that I'll never forget.

News that those mothers don't tip is third party confirmation of what I already suspected about those self-absorbed affluent vagrants.

I've got no issue with Buffett's music or living in the moment. That's fine. Me? Since I'm musically retarded I like music that keys off stronger emotions and nostalgia. I'd rather listen to something by Bob Segar (Hollywood Nights), Peter Gabrial (Salsbury Hill), John Mellancamp (yes Roundshort, Pink Houses, in spades), or old U2 (Pride or New Years Day), rather than a song about a Hamburger any day.
Love all the music you referenced but I don't want to hear it on a Caribbean island over Buffett or Marley.