Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - initial impressions and casual discussion

Sam Falco

They DIDNT show what was in it, genius. They show little flashes of it.

Also, this should be in the spoiler thread.

The_Raiders

Wow someone didn't like it :p . I acually loved KOTCS, the alien part was pretty odd and too much CGI for it, but I really liked the movie. I don't know what the saucer men from mars script is about but I've heard of it, and I recall Indy saying something about it in the movie though. But I thought KOTCS was awesome.

Marty Jones

Did you really have to create a whole new thread just to tell us how much you hated the movie? And just to throw my card into the hat before this one is either locked up or gets burried under more meaningful (and less ridiculous threads) - I completely disagree with you. The film was fun, entertaining, and not as different from the last three Indy films (especially Temple of Doom) as people are making it out to be. I've said it before and I'll say it again - here's to Indy 5! :whip:

Ska

I've read the SMFM script, and, trust me, what we got was MUCH better.

In SMFM, forget about the pyramid/temple...forget about the cemetary...forget about the university chase...forget "human-like" aliens.

Sure, KOTCS could have been better. But read the SMFM script when you have time...we could have gotten a lot worse!

Now please refer to the stickied threads above to review the movie.

Falco09

It's just that there were very few aspects that felt Indy to me, and too many things that felt even more chessy and slapsticky than the worst of Last Crusade. I.E. Indy's reaction to seeing Marion.

acsgrlie

I just popped LC into my DVD player and wow, Indy certainly has changed his views since then.

"70% of all archaeology is done in the library."

"Forget any ideas about lost cities or buried treasure...we do not follow maps to buried treasure..."

Really Indy?

jobasha3000

They show enough of a portion of it to constitute actually showing it. Genius. I meant as opposed to it remaining closed and ambiguous

xVendetta17x

I was kind've dissapointed when I first walked out just because of the climax
I think it would've been better just to have it kind've Collapse upon itself
Though I thought it was amazing till then
I would've taken out the monkey/mutt vine bit
And I would've opened it with a shot on an actual mountain, not a gopher hill
I, also, would've rathered to not see the Alien and UFO
But other then that I did enjoy it looking back
8/10

SterankoII

70% of all archaeology is done in the library."

"Forget any ideas about lost cities or buried treasure...we do not follow maps to buried treasure..."

Really Indy?

The end of that quote is " and X never, ever marks the spot." and of course later he finds something that refutes that.

I liked the first half a lot. If you can't deal with prairie dogs or gophers that's your problem.

acsgrlie

SterankoII said:
The end of that quote is " and X never, ever marks the spot." and of course later he finds something that refutes that.

I liked the first half a lot. If you can't deal with prairie dogs or gophers that's your problem.

I know. I just found it interesting they went back to refute the lost city part too.

SterankoII

I think the movie works best if you identify completely with Indy as a person from the start, not just an action hero to live vicariously through.

LostArk

Year on statue?

Did anyone catch the dates on Marcus Brody's statue? It wasn't shown for too long but I thought I saw birth/death dates.

Dr Jones

From the very start with our grizzly, world-weary Indy, it's a fantastic voyage of discovery and almost redemption for our man!

And he kicked ass in the Warehouse scene, clambering up those crates, running around and swinging down?! What a great sequence!!

(y)

Jenos Idanian

Can someone explain to me why Indy never once considered using his whip to get out of the quicksand??? Was it taken away? And if so when did he get it back?

Marty Jones

The two sticky threads here have basically become the same thing by now. Why do we still have two discussions going on? It would be easier to follow one thread instead of having to jump back and forth.

AnImaginaryBoy

I saw the midnight show and liked it lots. I think I need to see it a second time to properly judge, but it felt very much like an Indiana Jones film, and that's what I've been wanting now for ages, so I was happy! :hat: