Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The most quotable Indy movie. Whats your favorite?

RocketSledFight

LostArk said:
Mac: This ain't gonna be easy.

Indy: Not as easy as it used to be.

This is a great quote. I feel like it would have gotten a lot more love if the trailers hadn't used it up. With time, though, I think this'll become one of the most enduring of the film.

|ZiR|

I only just discovered this thread, so obviously everyone's already beaten me to the best ones. Anyway, here are two favorites, brought to you by the magic of the quote button.

herr gruber said:
"You don't know him! You don't know him! You don't know him!!!

salussolia said:
wha wha wait Collin?? as in Collin Williams you you married him I introduced you!!

I didn't see it in the thread (I've given it the most cursory of glances so far), but I love Indy's reaction when he discovers that Mutt is his son. "Why didn't you make him finish school?!"

"I like Ike" was classic, though I had to explain it to my sister (15). What ARE they teaching them in schools nowadays? :rolleyes:

Bullwhip

This reminds me of when the first couple of Star Wars prequels came out and some critic whined about how there were no memorable lines in the new ones, unlike in the previous Star Wars movies (which incidentally had been around and watched endlessly by the public for 20-odd years).

And now whenever I hear a friend or someone online quote from them within some mundane context-- such as "I will MAKE it legal!" --my inner nerd laughs at that guy.

RocketSledFight

|ZiR| said:
I didn't see it in the thread (I've given it the most cursory of glances so far), but I love Indy's reaction when he discovers that Mutt is his son. "Why didn't you make him finish school?!"

I laughed thinking about this because Harrison had more energy and inflection behind this line than in the entirety of most films he's made since 1990.

|ZiR|

RocketSledFight said:
I laughed thinking about this because Harrison had more energy and inflection behind this line than in the entirety of most films he's made since 1990.

I want to disagree with that, you have no idea how much, but I really can't. His post 80s career has been amazingly lackluster, with only one or two gems thrown in.

Last edited:

jasperjones

I thought he was fantastic in this ( a couple of dodgy lines aside where the poor scripting would have troubled anyone) and it was great to see him re-energised.

I just got back from my third showing, and my sister (upon her second viewing) could quote almost the entire first half of the movie already!

eshine

I wish I knew exactly what Marion says when she is first re-introduced...

"Get your hands off me you... something, something... son of a b*tch"

I can't recall the exact phrase, but the delivery was superb (and hilarious)

|ZiR|

eshine said:
I wish I knew exactly what Marion says when she is first re-introduced...

"Get your hands off me you... something, something... son of a b*tch"

I can't recall the exact phrase, but the delivery was superb (and hilarious)

I think it was, "Get your hands off me, you Russki sons of *****es!" And I agree, that was great. (y)

jasperjones

I loved all her banter with Indy. Would have chopped a few of her mugged reactions but other than that I thought she was fantastic!

Jndy

Honestly, the film isn't as quotable as the first three. And I completely disagree with the posters who say "give it time."

Memorable quotes don't depend on repeated viewings and time. They are memorable the first time you heard them.

I did enjoy this line from Broadbent: "We seem to have reached the age when life stops giving us things and starts taking them away." It's stuck in my mind as the quote that best sums up Indy 4.

MovieLover152

I like the scene that goes:
Marion: Indy, Hes your son.
Indy: What? Wha...
Marion:Nods her head
Indy: Well why the He*l didn't you make him finish school?!

I also like the:
Mutt: Get on Gramps!
Indy: You old enough to drive this thing?
Mutt: You to old to hang on?!

DaveTheHutt

For some reason I really liked the line from Mutt where he bumps into that pebble and turns in panic then says "Oh, it's just a ... *thing*".

So sue me!

Agent Z

I busted out laughing at the diner scene when, wouldn't you know it, Indy still says "ma-thical" (instead of "mythical") in the final print! I was like "Damn, so much for the bad editing of the trailers/tv spots theory." :p

Agent Z

Perhilion said:
nooo, I'm pretty sure he says mythical. At least in my theater he does.

Well, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. Wouldn't be the first time.

Anybody else? :confused:

Last edited:

LostArk

|ZiR| said:
I think it was, "Get your hands off me, you Russki sons of *****es!" And I agree, that was great. (y)

It was "Get your hands off me you rotten, Russki son of a *****!"

Great way to re-introduce her after all these years. Same thing she said when Toht's man grabbed her in Raiders.