KotCS DVD menus not right...

chr0n0naut

Did any hope to see the KotCS DVD menus done in a smililar style to the Original Trilogy DVD menus? (i.e. with a artistic montage of the film)

I know menus are similar but it would have been nice to see it be consistent with other movies. Or do you think that the way the menus in Crystal Skull are done signifies a sort of separation for the original three?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking the WHOLE thing :p

Indy's brother

chr0n0naut said:
Or maybe I'm just overthinking the WHOLE thing :p

I'm sure you are, and the menu is not very important detail, but you're not alone. Since the cover was such a change in style, I didn't expect the menu to be the same as the OT discs. I actually did wonder about it before I saw a vid of it in another thread here. I thought the OT menus were a lot cooler. I've actually spent a little time here and there just watching the menus...:eek:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I was wondering about this, as I did not get and have not seen the second DVD release of the original trilogy; just what are those menus like, if they, apparently, are not like the one on KotCS and presumably not like those of the original release?

Last edited:

EvilDevo

The menus are exactly the same as the original 2003 release. It's the special features that are different.

WeAreGoingToDie

I love the new KOTCS menu! Rather than a cheap Photoshop paint brush filter look (I realize they didn't actually USE Photoshop to make it, but thats the look), the designers adapted the popular lines on a map sequence (one of the only consistences in the Indy films besides Harrison). I understand that they tried for a Pulp magazine cover look, but it just didn't work.

EvilDevo

I think Crystal Skull has a great menu, and I love the map line transitions between DVD features. Like the movie, I think the menu is similar yet different enough to be it's own entity compared to the original trilogy.

James

I wasn't expecting them to use a design that's already five years old. If anything, I expect the previous films to adapt to the KOTCS style when they hit blu-ray.

The KOTCS menus are slick, and make excellent use of the film's various art designs. When the original dvds appeared in 2003, I was actually surprised that they were kind've 'fuzzy' (or perhaps pixelated would be a better term).