KotCS reviews in media

IrishLuck1980

All I want is another Indiana Jones movie. Don't need the Big 3 to reinvent the wheel.

Quote from BBC Review "One cinemagoer leaving the first press screening in Cannes said: "George Lucas, you gotta stop hurting us"." lol My thoughts exactly.

Skipper

IrishLuck1980 said:
All I want is another Indiana Jones movie. Don't need the Big 3 to reinvent the wheel.
Yeah, the Entertainment Weekly review criticizes the filmmakers for playing it safe and not taking enough risks. I don't want risks!

It's funny. EW criticizes the movie for too much action. Others criticize it for too much down time. It just goes to show that it's impossible to please everyone.

G-Man

Skipper said:
Yeah, the Entertainment Weekly review criticizes the filmmakers for playing it safe and not taking enough risks. I don't want risks!

It's funny. EW criticizes the movie for too much action. Others criticize it for too much down time. It just goes to show that it's impossible to please everyone.
Taking everything I've read so far, good and bad. It sounds like exactly the movie I was hoping for... :D

Apart from the logo dissolve...

sandiegojones

G-Man said:
Taking everything I've read so far, good and bad. It sounds like exactly the movie I was hoping for... :D

Apart from the logo dissolve...
Yeah, all the bad is the same stuff said about the others 25 years ago. the good the same. Seems like what I want from Indy.

Perhilion

So far I'm happy with all the reviews I've read (even the "negative" ones). The positive reviews confirm that this is indeed an Indy movie that's fun to watch. The negative ones say that it's "going through the motions", which is great, and it takes time to explain the story, something few movies do these days. Couldn't be happier!

IrishLuck1980

These critics are too use to movies like the Bourne Series. I poop on those. This sounds like classic Indy and I love it so far! Come the 22nd, I will be there with my wife, and my 3yr Daughter. Even she's excited to see it!

sandiegojones

triklops said:
The IGN review just ruined my day
They're video gamers, not critics. They're no better than AICN.

Here's another review from the SUN: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article1178027.ece

Here's an interesting quote from the article: There has been some negative blogging about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

The Sneak can only assume the Internet hacks hadn't watched the finished article or were lying.

Last edited:

British Raider

It seems to me that your opinion on the film depends on what you are hoping to get from a new Indy film. Now, these reviews are coming out so fast and so soon after the release of the film there is no time for any of them to really take the film in. I think more balanced reviews will appear online in a few days by people who haven't just rushed out reviews. Anyway, seems good i think. :whip:

Skipper

triklops said:
The IGN review just ruined my day
Their big criticism is they never felt like Indy was in danger. I really don't even understand what this means. In TOD or LC, viewers weren't exactly convinced that Indy was about to die. Oh well.

triklops

How come people welcome EVERY positive review but when it comes to the negative ones all you hear is "They are lying" or stuff like that....???

sandiegojones

Skipper said:
Their big criticism is they never felt like Indy was in danger. I really don't even understand what this means. In TOD or LC, viewers weren't exactly convinced that Indy was about to die. Oh well.
Well, in "Raiders" Indy really doesn't have to much to with the demise of the Nazi's. If Indy was never there, the Nazi's would have eventually found the Ark and they still would have died when they opened it. It's just a plot device for action.

Skipper

triklops said:
How come people welcome EVERY positive review but when it comes to the negative ones all you hear is "They are lying" or stuff like that....???
It's The Sun that said negative reviewers might be lying. That wasn't a Ravener's comment.

triklops

Skipper said:
It's The Sun that said negative reviewers might be lying. That wasn't a Ravener's comment.

No, I mean in general...people here are bashing EVERY negative review. DOn'tget me wrong...I would LOOOOOVE to see a great Indy..but if it sucks it sucks....this IS possible

Perhilion

Munpa said:
It's nice to hear such a good review from an Indy fan.
If you're referring to the "reviews" on AICN or Chud, it's because so many of those were obviously fake. If you're referring to these real reviews, well, I don't accuse them of lying. Nothing they say makes me worried, a lot of it confirms for me that this is an Indy movie just like the others.