Last Crusade Adventure Game for PC

Tennessee R

Hello, I'm thinking about buying Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade adventure game for pc. I think I'm the only one who's even considering actually 'buying' the game ;) .
I've looked for the game on lucasarts, and can't find it anywhere. It's pretty rare on ebay.

How do you like it?
Has anyone tried it on Windows XP, and does it work OK?
but mainly: Can anyone tell me if you can buy it anywhere besides ebay?

Tennessee R

Possibly so, but the first appealing on on Ebay is about 2 days away, so just wondering if there is anywhere to get LC other than Ebay

Strider

i searched on Google and saw a German site that you can apperently downloud it off of. I'm not sure if it is reliable or not or if you know any German, I don't.

Strider

Hope at last prevails my friend, if you are a mac owner you can downloud the game off of a site called the Macontosh Garden. :)

Tennessee R

Thank you Strider,
I have more than a few PC's with Windows, but have not one Mac. I don't know any German, suppose I could get it translated on one of those Alta Vista sites, but, you know, I'm not sure if I would want to download the game on any site I'm not familiar with. I couldn't find it on Lucasarts website under archives either.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I bought it from LucasArts when they still sold their "Classic Adventures" -collection.

It works on XP if you have the ScummVM. I played it through about a month ago. Although all sounds may not work.

It's a great game, definately worth playing. Although it's pretty old, so I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it.

Tennessee R

Thanks VP.
Lucasarts still have an archive collection, with FoA, etc., but I guess just not their Classic Adventure.

I have Fate of Atlantis for IBM PC, and I tried loading the ScummVM sound patch, but obviously, I'm doing something wrong, does anyone have step-by-step instructions? I'm usually good at the computer, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do once I get it downloaded

I suppose I'll get it on Ebay. Oh, and I see one that is missing the "red decoder" for the hint book. Would that mean you can't read the hints?
Thanks

Strider

Noooo, not eBay! it's downloadable on some sites so it'll be downloadable on others! DONT GIVE UP HOPE!!!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
No, that is illegal. Sorry. You can buy it off eBay or keep hunting around. Download, no, illegal.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Tennessee R said:
I have Fate of Atlantis for IBM PC, and I tried loading the ScummVM sound patch, but obviously, I'm doing something wrong, does anyone have step-by-step instructions? I'm usually good at the computer, but I can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do once I get it downloaded

Once you download it, extract it to some folder, for example C:\ScummVM\. Then click on the program's exe -file. The program starts. Then choose your game and select the path where it is located, for example C:\Fate of Atlantis\. Then click play.

Tennessee R

Thank you VP, I found the demo of LC on lucasarts site, and I finally got ScummVM to work. And, for the first time, I got to actually hear everyone talk on Fate of Atlantis.
I have one problem though, When I was trying it out today, I took the fists path, and came to Omar's house. I had to fight the nazi, and after I won, the game locked up, and I had to Ctl-Alt-Del my way out of the game. I couldn't get it to work. Don't know what was the problem.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Tip: Once you get to the house, don't fight the guard. Just pull out your whip and use it to drop down the hanging crockery above the guard. This way you'll get more IQ points.

westford

I sucked at the old LC game - could never get past the opening level with the ropes! I don't even know where my copy is anymore - it was probably the last game I ever bought on floppy!

Finn

Staff member
We're talking about the LC graphic adventure here, West... not the action game. ;) But nice comment anyway.

Tennessee R

Got it on Ebay.
Payed a little more than I had hoped, but I got it.
I think VP was bidding it up on purpose just to find out how good of a Indy fan I was. :)