Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

RyuX13

I got the game a few days ago for the DS. I beat it in about 5 hours but it was still really fun. I'm going back to collect everything in the Free Play mode now.(y)

muttjones

Lao_Che said:
The mine cart level is too short. :(

i agree. it was too short and it was tedious as well. i dont know how but i just felt really tired after doing it.

LAST LEVEL OF CRUSADE IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST LEVEL!!!!!!!!
the invisible bridges and the grail knight are fantastic!!!!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It's a shame Crusade also includes the vaguely unbearable Motorcycle Chase level - maybe I'm just inexperienced, but the mechanics on those vehicles are unbearable, and the bazookas don't help. Only thing I can't stand in the game thus far (having played through the full story).

QBComics

Attila the Professor said:
It's a shame Crusade also includes the vaguely unbearable Motorcycle Chase level - maybe I'm just inexperienced, but the mechanics on those vehicles are unbearable, and the bazookas don't help. Only thing I can't stand in the game thus far (having played through the full story).

My dad thinks the same. :) That is the only level we're having trouble with. Bazookas in this levels, are Awful(n)

Niteshade007

My least favorite level was the mine car chase. That took me a while to do. I ended up having to have someone help me with it. I'm just not good at switching cars. I still haven't found all the treasure chests, nor do I have "True Adventurer" status on that one (only one that I don't).

The "motorcycle" chase was a bad level though. Very little time is actually spent on the motorcycle.

RyuX13

The Car chase(the one that Short Round drives) and the Mine car chase really frustrated me. In the car chase, I got lodged in between a wall and some other object and I couldn't get out and in the mine car chase I kept blowing up.:dead:

Katarn07

Hrm, I am 82% done with the game. It's far shorter/easier than the SW games. It's still a blast! My dad actually gets a bigger kick out of it me. He usually makes me turn my games off but this one he lets me play and he can't get over how great of a concept it is. He rolled his eyes when he bought me the SW ones for Christmas one year.... lol

Nimbus

Did anyone else notice that in Shanghai Showdown, when you are trying to put together Short Round's getaway car, that while they play the music used in Emperor's Tomb, they also include the bird chirping? That is the exact same bird chirp from Emperor's Tomb since I listened to that music track several times while playing it. Just thought I'd point that out ;)

DazDaMan

I finished Temple of Doom this afternoon, and am now on to the tank chase in Last Crusade....

and I'm STILL not sick of this game! :D

Indy Pendant

This isn't asking for help about the game per se, as I haven't even loaded it to my computer, so I figure I can ask it in this thread.

My computer has been acting really slow lately. Do y'all think I should defrag it before I load the game? The game takes up four gigs of space, but that's not an issue.

Kooshmeister

Having now seen the Temple of Doom levels, I was amazed that Lao Che and both his sons appear. I was certain they'd leave out poor Chen, but nope, there he is with his brother Kao Kan. Lego, I salute you! (y)

I also spotted Captain Blumburtt at the banquet table. His red jacket with gold trim is difficult to miss. The characters they're remembering to include is nothing short of astounding.

DazDaMan

That's me just this second finished Last Crusade! :D

Having said that, I was really only playing the stories, so there's lots of bits to go back and collect!

I love the game's humour - the ending of Last Crusade is really rather funny, but still about 75% true to the film!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Kooshmeister said:
Having now seen the Temple of Doom levels, I was amazed that Lao Che and both his sons appear. I was certain they'd leave out poor Chen, but nope, there he is with his brother Kao Kan. Lego, I salute you! (y)

I also spotted Captain Blumburtt at the banquet table. His red jacket with gold trim is difficult to miss. The characters they're remembering to include is nothing short of astounding.

It's true. I was actually surprised when I purchased Blumburtt because I didn't recall having seen him in-game. And making a boss of the woman in the radio room was inspired.

I only wish that Musgrove were available as a playable character, for obvious reason. Perhaps I can build him, at least.

Agent Z

Indy Pendant said:
My computer has been acting really slow lately. Do y'all think I should defrag it before I load the game? The game takes up four gigs of space, but that's not an issue.

You know, the game has been locking up on me a bit lately. I need to research.

I'm definitely not taxing my system though. I have shut down all my virus scanning software and all other extraneous applications before loading the game....and yet, it's been going nutzoid at times. It will play fine for like five minutes...then it will FREEZE!!!! and then it will kinda sorta get back to normal before it FREEZES!!! again. It has gotten to a point where it lags so badly that I have to kill it and exit back to Windows.

I need to go the main site and see if this is a patchable problem.

Quickening

Call me a miserable git but I didn't like this game. I downloaded the demo and after playing through to the end and having seen some youtube videos of the later levels, I really got the impression that Id done all there was to do. Im not so much of a fan that I really care about seeing the Indy world in Lego, I really want a decent game to. My main problem is that you can't die which for me defeats the point of gaming which is a challenge. I can't be bothered playing through something that you can't fail to win.
I know it's a Lego game for kids and so all of these things are moot points but I really hope they make a proper Indiana Jones game of the trilogy. Greatest Adventures was the last and that was a decade and a half ago.

EDIT: And howcome the only Indy game to have such care and attention to detail had to be a Lego one? Gah.

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Quickening said:
My main problem is that you can't die which for me defeats the point of gaming which is a challenge. I can't be bothered playing through something that you can't fail to win.

I can understand this well enough, but there is <I>some</I> loss to be had, obviously, in the form of the coins/studs. The level in the demo doesn't have much killing on offer, but there is somewhat more harrowing gameplay in store later on.

However, this is obviously all relative, and not bearing much on comparisons with other games. If you're more of a gamer, it may well not be for you. Me, I play 1 or 2 new games a year, so I'm content to have this be one of them. I have narrow interests in this particular regard.

The Tingler

For a lot of people, the lack of 'proper death punishments' is one of the biggest selling points of the Lego games. While I prefer games with challenge, it doesn't stop me enjoying this game.

It does however stop me enjoying it more than once a year. Nothing else to see, really.

However, I found all the secret levels really disappointing.
Young Indy's level was very brief and without any secrets to find, the Ancient Temple looks like test level (at least the Lego Towns were fun to explore), and the less said about Hangar 51 the better.

muttjones

Deckard said:
I agree alot of swinging, even Toht is swinging around? Looks like i came pretty close :

0009.jpg

60 characters is cool, probably some Star Wars in there, the co-op sounds interesting too.

Nice work substituting lego harry potter's head for toht's!

U can just see the bottom of his scar below the hat.

Good Work though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niteshade007

Attila the Professor said:
And making a boss of the woman in the radio room was inspired.

I didn't get that connection, mostly because it wasn't a woman you were fighting. I read it somewhere else and had to see after I bought the character, but he doesn't jump higher like the other female characters. So I guess it's either a coincidence or just loosely based on the person from the movie.