Lucasfilm license at Marvel comics 2015

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of places you can view or download Marvel Previews, as a PDF or as JPGs (extracted from a CBR file). Not sure of the official source of these files, though you'd expect Marvel to have one since it's all promotional. No sign of Indy yet of course.

ShortRound

The thing with the tight-lipped stuff is all the main adaptations and novelizations for the recent Star Wars films came out months after the movies did, and there's no reason to think they'll treat Indy any differently.
Good point! I wonder why they switched to that model and if it affected sales also. I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to release them beforehand to hype things up, rather than to use the movie to catch interest and the adaptations and novels after.

I'm going to modify what I posted earlier (on this thread) re: my thoughts that we would soon see news re: possible IJ comics & maybe even reprints by Marvel.

Given that I made that post several months ago & also given that we're less than a month away from the opening of IJ & TDOD - I wonder if we'll see any new (or reprinted ) IJ comics at this point. If we were going to, IMHO at the least an announcement would have already come out by now. The window for IJ comics would be very small, and it would make the most sense to release these either right before, or maybe not long after the new movie hits theaters. But, we've heard nothing so far.

Lao_Che

My feeling is that Marvel can carry an Indy book whenever they want on the strength of their own brand and comics being a visual medium whereas... Random House Worlds{?} would be a tougher sell without a movie to lean into.

Since it's been 6+ months since DoD hit theaters & we haven't heard/seen anything re: Marvel coming out with any new IJ comics or reprints of older material, I seriously doubt that we're going to hear anything at this point. Too bad, since the window of opportunity to release anything like this was very small - and has almost certainly closed by this time.

Damon

The gaming industry has become bigger than the movie and music industry and Machinehead is a well respected studio under the umbrella of one of the most successful publishers. I'd say chances to make some waves are in Indy's favor :)

British Raider

I’m sure this is true. As a big movie fan it’s been disheartening to see them lose cultural value. I mean there’s the odd one or two like Barbie and Oppenheimer but movies don’t have the traction or position they once held, particularly with the young kids growing up now. It’s kind of little wonder that DoD did the business it did.