Magnoli...is it worth it?

BDK1429

Looking to put together a screen accurate Raiders hero costume. The most important part IMHO, the fedora, is checked off my list thanks to John Penman. Does anyone know if Magnoli is worth the cost? Their stuff looks really nice but I'm still leary at this point. Anyone who has bought from them please post and tell me what you think of their customer service and of course their products.

Thanks

Indy Byrd

I got his mark VII bag. It is in my opinion well worth the money. I can only see a few things that differ from his bag and the original, and for 36.00 shipped, it's worth it. Good craftsmanship and sturdy.

BDK1429

Yeah I really like the looks of pretty much all their stuff. What about the shirt and pants? I'm torn between buying them from Magnoli and buying from Wested. The Wested is the better deal as I can get the jacket, pants and shirt for a little over three hundred bucks. However I'm wondering if Magnoli is better quality. I'm looking for screen accuracy and durability.

eazybox

BDK1429 said:
Yeah I really like the looks of pretty much all their stuff. What about the shirt and pants? I'm torn between buying them from Magnoli and buying from Wested. The Wested is the better deal as I can get the jacket, pants and shirt for a little over three hundred bucks. However I'm wondering if Magnoli is better quality. I'm looking for screen accuracy and durability.

I'd go with Magnoli because of his reputation for quality and service.

Jack

Chewbacca Jones

Mags is your man. I am the VERY happy owner of all of the following Magnoli items;

Indy Jacket
Indy Boots
Indy Pants
2 Indy shirts
Sallah Tie
Non-Indy Pants
Non-Indy Suit
Eye of Horus Cufflinks

His service has been unfailingly superb, his prices are worth paying, and the product quality is at least among the highest (give or take for inevitable personal biases). When I compare my Wested experiences with Magnoli (both in terms of quality and service) and I am forced to place Wested much lower on the scale.

BDK1429

Well I'm convinced, Magnoli it is!

Thanks for the input fellas (y)

BTW, when you ordered your shirt did you have to get sized and then email your measurements?

Chewbacca Jones

Yes, you should have yourself measured. Create your account with Magnoli first, though. Once you do that, you'll have a measurements page to access and you can see what you'll need to provide. Magnoli can also work based on garments that fit you well, if you have anything you're happy with.

Also, if you email him, HE will respond, not an office drone with partial knowledge. He will gladly help you out.

Matt deMille

I trust him

I've only bought one item so far, the James Bond passport (Sean Connery version, of course), and I was very pleased with it. As a propmaker myself, I was critical in my assessment of it, and the work passed every test with flying colors. I intend to buy from him again, just when I can scrape together the dough.

BDK1429

You guys are awesome, this was just the info I was looking for. So, as far as the shirt, pants and jacket from Magnoli. Which colors and styles are the most SA for Raiders? And again, thanks for all the responses.(y)

Chewbacca Jones

That is, regrettably, a matter of opinion. Most people go for the Dark Khaki pants and Stone shirt. Personally, though, I'd go a shade darker in each for Raiders. But that's me.

BDK1429

I was just reading on Indygear that the jacket for Raiders had it's D-rings replaced with square sliders. Anyone who's ordered a jacket from Magnoli, is that the right version for a Raiders hero costume?

Joosse

I own several items from Magnoli, amongst wich are James Bond and Bladerunner items, but also the Marshall suit. That is just perfect and a great fit. I just wish I could find more opportunities to wear it! :D

I have to say that I am very happy with all the stuff I have bought from him. It just feels right and it is very good quality. Surprisingly good quality even! :D

Very much worth it, in my opinion!

Mind you, I have never owned a Magnoli leather jacket, as I went with Wested for that one.

Chewbacca Jones

BDK1429 said:
I was just reading on Indygear that the jacket for Raiders had it's D-rings replaced with square sliders. Anyone who's ordered a jacket from Magnoli, is that the right version for a Raiders hero costume?

Magnoli's version A is his Raiders jackets, and comes with square sliders. I seem to recall that the squares are what are mainly seen, but that the D-rings made it on screen a few times. I would council personal preference, as either will be technically correct, I think. If you want the Version A with D-Rings, I'm sure Magnoli would do it.

Lance Quazar

penman hats said:
I have a couple of prop pieces from him. He's not cheap but there is a good reason for it. He does outstanding work.

I thought he stopped selling prop replicas...?

Is that true? Or was your purchase made a while ago...?