Mail-Away Figures Shipping (and Reviewed)!!!

kongisking

NickTurner said:
Just got a card from Hasbro - they say they received more Crystal Skeleton requests than anticipated and would be placing an additional manufacturing order. Figures will not ship till Feb 1.

Me too! And it's our fault!!!!!!!!! Why? Because everyone has been ordering 13 skeletons! The poor guys over at Hasbro probably had no idea that fans would be so obsessed that they would buy an entire Ruling Council! Score 1 for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

NickTurner

I mailed 5 off in early October. Checks were cleared in November and I received one skeleton just before Christmas. Looks like Hasbro waited for the final numbers to know exactly how many to order.

So.... I didn't quite go for the whole 13 (thought about it though), but I will up with 6 in the end.

Insomniac

kongisking said:
Me too! And it's our fault!!!!!!!!! Why? Because everyone has been ordering 13 skeletons! The poor guys over at Hasbro probably had no idea that fans would be so obsessed that they would buy an entire Ruling Council! Score 1 for us!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe this will get them to think about opening a new line of toys with the with some more even greater promotions!

BACK ON TOPIC!!! I have one of these calendars for when I get my 3 skeletons and it's to scale Spalko's feet fit on its face!

DIrishB

kongisking said:

:lol:

NickTurner said:
I mailed 5 off in early October. Checks were cleared in November and I received one skeleton just before Christmas.

I mailed out 5 as well, starting in mid September and through the end of October.

If anyone needs one, let me know...I only want to keep one so the other four are available for trade.

Insomniac

DIrishB said:
:lol:
If anyone needs one, let me know...I only want to keep one so the other four are available for trade.
I will receive 3 soon but what are the prices on these fine figures or what would you like to receive in return?

I'm looking to own all 13 to make a display I already have the Aztec calendar floor!

I'll have ten if I buy four from you and 3 from another seller I know!!!

Goonie

Insomniac said:
I will receive 3 soon but what are the prices on these fine figures or what would you like to receive in return?

I'm looking to own all 13 to make a display I already have the Aztec calendar floor!

Where did you get the Aztec calendar floor?

DIrishB

Insomniac said:

Ideally, a first printing/original cover of the Find Your Fate novel Indiana Jones and the Ape Slaves of Howling Island.

;)

But on the off chance you own one, I'd pay a hefty sum or trade heavily in your favor. Been looking for that book for years.

PM me and we'll work something out. They should be arriving (finally) in the next few weeks (according to the Post Card they mailed me).

Dyonus

Could someone with the Crystal skeleton post a picture with the head off and the body slumped over like how they find it in the movie? Thanks.

bgiles73

So, has anyone who got a card from Hasbro about thier Crystal Skeleton's heard anything since? I'm just wondering because the card said they would ship Feb 1, 2009. So hopefully they will start to show up soon.

NickTurner

Nothing Yet.

What was interesting was that I still have 4 on order, but only received 1 card. Looks like Hasbro - or at least their mail-in folks - are getting smart and putting all the names and addresses in a database, hmm?

Ah yes, the wording is instructive: "...we will be unable to ship the figure(s) to you until February 1 2009."

So one, or more figures!

Little Indy

Ditto. I had heard that it was nice, but this really goes beyond what I expected. It has a removeable lid with molded sand inside. Comes with poles to carry the Ark from place to place. It is very shiny and looks like ghosties will burst out any second.

JTKenobi

Insomniac said:
Received the Ark!!!
Kick @$$!!!(y)

Same here. Got it last week. It's awesome.....except for a minor, minor defect. No gold (paint?) on a small part of the lid. Maybe the size pc of rice (small) but I am kind of anal about such things. Overall though I am amazed at the quality of it. Sideshow could almost get away with that kind of quality. Very nice piece!

Now bring on my Skeleton fig!

bgiles73

David Lopan said:
I sent for my crystal skeleton back with throne back in October and it showed up today. anyone else?
I got two of the three that I ordered in today! They are some cool figures. Now if only Hasbro could give us some more Indy figures. I find myself wanting to get that Akator playset now. Would love to have Mac, Oxley and movie appropriate Marion to complete KOTCS. The others from the earlier three movies would be a dream too.

Goonie

bgiles73 said:
Would love to have Mac, Oxley and movie appropriate Marion to complete KOTCS. The others from the earlier three movies would be a dream too.

Ya, and instead they gave us screen-acurate jacket-less Mutt, and screen-acurate RPG Indy without a jacket, and screen-acurate Ruskie (I haven't seen one Ruskie wearing that style of hat that the 3.75" figure has), and screen-acurate Mutt on motorcycle with glasses.
:rolleyes:
But the Crystal Skeleton, I think, is the best KOTCS fig. (the Cemetary Warrior and Ugha are cool too)

I did just notice 2 of my 3 checks cleared today that I mailed in December....

Who is running every aspect of the Indy line? Larry, Curly or Moe?...probably Shemp.