Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark - PBS

Randolph Carter

Awesome. I have the original Making of Raiders and Great Movie Stunts on VHS, along with all the original Making of SW documentaries. Would be nice if they dusted all those off and released them on DVD or Blu Ray.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I knew I wasn't dreaming! Thanks man, let us know about it if you decide to purchase it.

indyclone25

Rocket Surgeon said:
I know how you feel, it's looking mighty tempting...
i know isnt it!! i have it on vhs along with the great movie stunts , but to have a a clear dvd quality would be unbelievable! so one can hope !(y)

Kevin

Kevin said:
I went ahead and ordered it, I will report back when I get it.

So I got this last week and watched it. The quality was pretty good, but it looked like it was transferred from a tape to DVD, so it was more like watching a VHS. But, still a great documentary and much better than watching it in pieces on YouTube.

Kevin said:
So I got this last week and watched it. The quality was pretty good, but it looked like it was transferred from a tape to DVD, so it was more like watching a VHS. But, still a great documentary and much better than watching it in pieces on YouTube.
Can you post pictures of the DVD, the box? Any liner notes?

Kevin

Rocket Surgeon said:
Can you post pictures of the DVD, the box? Any liner notes?

No liner notes. Here are some pictures:

DSCN1035.jpg

DSCN1037.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

indyclone25

i'd like to see some screen caps from it to see how clear it looks ? and then decide if i need to buy it or just keep my dvd i made from my vhs .

Stoo

Congratulations, Rocket, but this looks like a bootleg. Not only is the cover crappy, but the bottom credits on the disc aren't even horizontally aligned.:eek:

(Not that it really matters in the long run. It's what ON the disc that is important!;))

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Congratulations, Rocket, but this looks like a bootleg. Not only is the cover crappy, but the bottom credits on the disc aren't even horizontally aligned.:eek:

(Not that it really matters in the long run. It's what ON the disc that is important!;))
Agreed...while it's not as flashy or polished as a Hollywood/LFL product it's pretty indicative of PBS' "ambition" in the late 70's early 80's.

Despite my distaste for the "Making of" font, it's actually not all that bad. Like a crudely formed garish relic, I can see some beauty in it.

What do you think of this one?

12317_1296775534665_1088647484_30671966_8087287_n.jpg

JuniorJones said:
Seems an odd way to sell Moonshine if you hold the rights!]

I like the way you put that...:hat:

Last edited: