Maltese Falcon reference in FoA

Coldfyre

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the games or classic movies thread, but I'm choosing games because I'm guessing more people here have played Fate of Atlantis than seen The Maltese Falcon.

I finally saw it a couple days ago. It's a good movie... and it finally cleared up a weird line that Indy says in Fate of Atlantis. When he picks up the statue of the black bird in Omar Al-Jabbar's home, he'll say "It's the stuff dreams are made of!" when he looks at it. Well, the black bird looks like the Maltese Falcon in the film, and what Indy says is the same as what detective Sam Spade says about the Falcon near the end of the movie! Sorry if it turns out everyone already knew. I just thought it was neat... :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I knew, but it's always good to have this sort of thing brought up again once in awhile.

Incidentally, the Maltese Falcon appears in Indy's office in the LC graphic adventure (as does the statue of the archer), but in that game, he refers to another classic film (though I prefer The Maltese Falcon), calling it a "one-thousand year old falcon."