Marin park statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Olive branch? Lucas donates property to San Anselmo Chamber of Commerce, who will build a park with bronze statues of Indy and Yoda.

14f8b0c1f05c8865edc482ee8e714c95

Joe Brody

Moedred said:
Olive branch?

Montana Smith said:
"I bequeath you lands, so that you may honour my greatness."

I think something simpler is at work: He's committed now to the Presidio and he's just cutting assets previously acquired for his now abandoned development plans.

I found this whole Brady Ranch opposition affair fascinating and am always amazed at the stupidity of rich people.

As an aside, Lucas abandoning his plans and opting for low income housing could be used to support those far-out theories that Lucas uses his sequels to diminish his franchises rather than be beholden to legions of fanboys.

WilliamBoyd8

George Lucas to build park with statues of Yoda and Indiana Jones

George Lucas moves ahead on plans to build park for statues of Yoda, Indiana Jones in San Anselmo.

Filmmaker George Lucas Wednesday filed for a permit to demolish a building in downtown San Anselmo to make way for a small new park that will become the permanent home of two bronze statues of his popular characters Indiana Jones and Yoda.

Article:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...elmo-george-lucas-moves-ahead-plans-build.htm

San Anselmo is located in California's Marin County, north of San Francisco.

:)

Mickiana

Old_Man_Jones_by_trev_solo.jpg

The bust of Harrison in hat reminds me of a bust of Cicero on the cover of a book of his writings I have, although Cicero wasn't wearing a fedora. He was similar around the nose.

Montana Smith

Mickiana said:
The bust of Harrison in hat reminds me of a bust of Cicero on the cover of a book of his writings I have, although Cicero wasn't wearing a fedora. He was similar around the nose.

You're right. This post may make even less sense than usual.

Marcus+Tullius+Cicero.jpg

It's easier to see in this original photograph of Cicero:

marcus_tullius_cicero.jpg

Here he is again almost wearing a fedora:

david+bamber+mr_collins.jpg

Strangely enough, here he is as Indy's friend:

895-27572.gif

It's a small world.

IndyForever