Marion as Princess Leia?

Robyn

Did anyone else know that Karen Allen was considered for the role of Princess Leia? I just recently found that out on an interview, can you picture Marion as Princess Leia and the cinnabun hair? ;)

karen222.jpg

kafilm3222.jpg

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

I never knew that Karen was up for Leia.

Personally it would've been great, but then I'd doubt she'd be casted as Marion. And I'd take Marion over Leia ANY day. In character and looks.

Robyn

I think it would have been awesome if Karen won the part, she almost got it to, but you are right Doc, I know Lucas wouldn't have let her have the part of Marion if she had gotten Leia.. He didn't even want to give Indy to Harrison at first... too bad though

I'd love to see her audition for the part! I wonder if she got to audition it with Harrison..

Robyn

Zeppelin said:
Hmm, I never heard that before.

Suppose Carrie Fisher had played Marion?

I like Carrie Fisher and all.. but that would have been horrible if Karen hadn't been picked for Marion lol (of course you all knew I would say that lol)

RedeemedChild

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hmmm Karen Allen a princess. Don't see it. Glad things worked out as is. Carrie was excellent, Karen was perfect...

I second that. Carrie Fisher was perfect in the role of Princess Leia. I wonder who will cast Princess Leia in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action Television series? I also wonder if SyFy, TNT, FOX or ABC Family will pick up the live action Star Wars series. Personally I'd prefer for either SyFy or ABC Family to pick it up.

ABC Family was good while they were airing Smallville and KyleXY but now their programming has gone south of the border and Star Wars would be the perfect way for them to get the ratings back up in my opinion.

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hmmm Karen Allen a princess. Don't see it. Glad things worked out as is. Carrie was excellent, Karen was perfect...

Oh don't get me wrong, Carrie Fisher's performance was very good! I just thought it was really interesting/cool that Karen almost got the part!

ronicle said:
Oh don't get me wrong, Carrie Fisher's performance was very good! I just thought it was really interesting/cool that Karen almost got the part!

Where did you unearth that cool bit of trivia. Among the lists for screen tests I never saw that! I'm saving some cool Raiders casting trivia for next week...

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Where did you unearth that cool bit of trivia. Among the lists for screen tests I never saw that! I'm saving some cool Raiders casting trivia for next week...

Actually the host on the popcorn taxi interview that I sent you revealed it right before he brought Karen out ;)

indyrocks1936

Really? Karen Allen almost got the part? That's news to me. I never heard that before. :) but i think the actresses did a wonderful job in their own seperate parts. :whip:

deckard24

DocWhiskey said:
And I'd take Marion over Leia ANY day. In character and looks.

Over gold metal bikini clad Leia? Really??
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00477/snf2925le682_477708a.jpg
Look, I think Karen Allen was definitely hot in her own way back in the 80's, Starman immediately comes to mind, but Carrie Fisher in Jedi was in another league!

I agree with the character of Marion, but in the looks dept. I'd have to vote for Leia.

DocWhiskey

deckard24 said:
Over gold metal bikini clad Leia? Really??

Most definitely.

She looked better then. She looks better now.

Carrie Fisher was good looking too (I actually thought she was more attractive in Blues Brothers then SW) But she was never "hot" to me.

I seen both Indy and SW around the same age as a kid (I believe SW was first) and out of the 2, Karen Allen was the one I had a huge crush on. She was feisty, smart, attractive, and overall just seemed more fun. Till this day I like her more.

And till this day I'll take Indy over SW in any category.

But remember...that's just me.

deckard24

DocWhiskey said:
Most definitely.

She looked better then. She looks better now.

Carrie Fisher was good looking too (I actually thought she was more attractive in Blues Brothers then SW) But she was never "hot" to me.

I seen both Indy and SW around the same age as a kid (I believe SW was first) and out of the 2, Karen Allen was the one I had a huge crush on. She was feisty, smart, attractive, and overall just seemed more fun. Till this day I like her more.

And till this day I'll take Indy over SW in any category.

But remember...that's just me.
Well to each his own! I'm way more of an Indy fan then an SW one, but in this situation SW has the edge. Leia in Jedi was way hotter in my opinion, then every incarnation of Marion in Raiders.

There both attractive women, but to me there really is no contest when it comes to bikini clad Leia .
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/70/6/carrie-fisher-star-wars-poster1.0.0.0x0.295x448.jpeg
http://blog.ewm.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/230/files/2008/05/marionravenwood.jpg

I agree though that Karen Allen has definitely aged better then Carrie Fisher.

Robyn

deckard24 said:
Well to each his own! I'm way more of an Indy fan then an SW one, but in this situation SW has the edge. Leia in Jedi was way hotter in my opinion, then every incarnation of Marion in Raiders.

There both attractive women, but to me there really is no contest when it comes to bikini clad Leia .
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/70/6/carrie-fisher-star-wars-poster1.0.0.0x0.295x448.jpeg
http://blog.ewm.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/230/files/2008/05/marionravenwood.jpg

I agree though that Karen Allen has definitely aged better then Carrie Fisher.

To be fair, Marion never got a chance to try on that outfit lol

Karen has definitely aged better than Carrie fisher..

448px-Carrie_Fisher_at_WonderCon_2009_1.JPG

karenallen-cover.jpg

Last edited:

deckard24

ronicle said:

That's true Ronicle! LOL

Yeah, those pictures say it all, Allen has aged beautifully!

AlivePoet

ronicle said:

448px-Carrie_Fisher_at_WonderCon_2009_1.JPG

karenallen-cover.jpg

Your partiality in choosing pictures is noteworthy. :hat: