Marion Ravenwood ?

AlivePoet said:
LOL. Alright Rocket, I'm content to just forget about this silly spectacle of an argument--and the Clay Aiken comment earlier! (Although I have to admit, it was a pretty nice comeback... :hat: ) We cool?

Allways cool...all in good fun!

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Sorry for co-opting your argument...but it seemed like fun at the time.

What's to be sorry for? Who says it's still not fun? I enjoyed you co-opting my argument;)

AlivePoet said:
Same to both of you! I have no reasoning to support my hypothesis that Marion could be bisexual, merely arguing the point...

What I'm saying is, there is no way to prove Marion's sexuality beyond her obvious attraction to Indy and Belloq, so we can determine that she is attracted to the male sex... but we can't prove or disprove anything beyond that. :D

Again, if there is no evidence what so ever that Marion is bi, then why do you say it would not surprise you if she was??

Originally Posted by AlivePoet
The basis for everything that you are saying now boils down to a pile of ill-mannered assumptions, and your scrutiny is laughably inaccurate, not to mention your rudimentary analytical methods for ascertaining anything about me. If you want to go on embarrassing yourself and trying to be the tough guy/internet adversary, go ahead, it's an online forum. That's why I don't generally care.

No one is attacking you...;) We are merely arguing the insane reasoning behind assuming that Marion is a lesbian and why you say that you would "not being surprised" if she was bi? What would make you not surprised???

Last edited:

AlivePoet

ronicle said:
Again, if there is no evidence what so ever that Marion is bi, then why do you say it would not surprise you if she was??

If you still haven't got the point that I said this with only a slight bit of nonchalance, I'd suggest you reexamine the thread. ;)

ronicle said:
No one is attacking you...;)

You should probably just leave this part alone, since it doesn't really concern you, in case you haven't noticed. ;)

ronicle said:
We are merely arguing the insane reasoning behind assuming that Marion is a lesbian and why you say that you would "not being surprised" if she was bi? What would make you not surprised???

Again, refer to the above. Did I ever give a reason? Nope. Why not? Geez, ya might wonder if I ever intended the comment to be taken seriously. Now that's a real head-scratcher.

Robyn

AlivePoet said:
You should probably just leave this part alone, since it doesn't really concern you, in case you haven't noticed. ;)

Hey I didn't see any harm in helping you see the obvious :hat:

Again, refer to the above. Did I ever give a reason? Nope. Why not? Geez, ya might wonder if I ever intended the comment to be taken seriously. Now that's a real head-scratcher.

Well you gave no clues in your post about you not being surprised if Marion was a bi that you weren't serious, there seemed no reason for me to not argue your reasoning.. but since you say you have no reasoning I suppose I'll just let it lie :p

AlivePoet

Yours Truly said:
Interestingly enough, the only women we see Marion interact with in the films are Sallah's wife and Spalko. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she is bisexual.

I suppose I could've appended the last sentence with an exclamation mark instead of a period, or added a smiley face... But I figured that the sarcasm in the "reasoning" of Marion only having interacted with two women from the films as grounds for bisexuality would be slightly more obvious...

Whatever the case, the only reason I became serious about it in follow-up is because I thought you took offense to the idea of deviance in sexual orientation. But if you were more frustrated by my satirical stereotyping, then I am amused by and broadly grinning at how much misinterpretation has taken place in this thread now. You might say it's ironic, eh?