May 18th: The Spoiler Tango

The Man

tn2_dennis_hopper_1.jpg

Pop quiz, hotshots: It's four days before the global release. The Crystal Skull premieres in L.A. and probably Cannes. The wrappings and ribbons are off. The movie is at the mercy of web-spoilers, loudmouth critics and entertainment exposes around the globe. You want to go in pure, unknowing...but your tempted to peek. You shouldn't...but...you're tempted.

What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

Michael24

When the movie makes its premiere, I will probably just avoid any thread, news article, review, etc. with "Indiana Jones" in the title until after I've seen it.

FordFan

Hard as it'll be, I think everyone needs to do the same. Completely avoid anything posted that day. For one, why do you need to know if it's good or not? You'll see it in 4 days!

The Man

Empire should have a review up on the Monday, so I'll probably look at the star-rating (if it's less than five, though, I'll be sad).

Michael24

Exactly. I mean, I've waited 19 years for a new Indiana Jones movie. Four more days won't be much of a problem. :)

Deckard

Dr.Sartorius said:
And this thread will be closed in 5...4...3...2....

Why? Seems like an alright question, no offence but you do alot of bashing.

and to answer the question, I'd avoid it at all costs. I'm actually fearing hearing that the movie got 3 or 5 stars.

Because if it only gets 2-3 stars Im going to be very worried but if it gets 5, Im gonna go in expecting perfection and end up dissapointed.

Dr.Sartorius

Deckard said:
Why? Seems like an alright question, no offence but you do alot of bashing.

and to answer the question, I'd avoid it at all costs. I'm actually fearing hearing that the movie got 3 or 5 stars.

Because if it only gets 2-3 stars Im going to be very worried but if it gets 5, Im gonna go in expecting perfection and end up dissapointed.

Bashing? You mean disagreeing with what other people post? :rolleyes:

Shortie

Simple:
Don't go on the computer & go on Xbox Live instead.
So I won't be tempted & I'll have my almost drug...er....games to keep me company.

MattJones

I will knock out one of the security guards at the theater in LA, disguise myself and hang out in the back of the theater.

Problem solved. :hat:

MattJones

robweiner8 said:
In the article where Hurt confirms the film will premier at Cannes,http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7331994.stm, it also says he will be playing
Abner Ravenwood.
this is from the BBC

BBC NEWS said:
But the actor, who plays
Abner Ravenwood
in the picture, told BBC One's Jonathan Ross show he was sworn to secrecy about the film's details.

Well, no ****! What of the film's details were supposed to remain secret? I'm pretty sure THIS was one of them!