Medicom Indy and Henry

The_Raiders

I have seen these figures on ebay for some time, I don't trust whoever is selling them, seems strange that people are already trying to sell them. :confused:

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
I have seen these figures on ebay for some time, I don't trust whoever is selling them, seems strange that people are already trying to sell them. :confused:

Read the auctions, they are pre-sales. They state they won't be available until they are released.

I'm passing on both, The Indy, I dunno, why is everyone hating Sideshow's sculpt it looks just as good as Medicom's and Medi's Paint apps aren't typically as clean. Not to mention Sideshow's gear and apparel. Sideshow is giving you 2 head, one w/ removable hat, one w/ fixed hat. Plus now Sideshow is putting up the 1/4 figure which will be better then Medicom, its too much at once, these aren't Hasbro figures for $7 a piece. They have to know they are only hurting themselves in the long run, releasing this many of the same character at once.

The Henry sr. looks good but I imagine Sideshow's will be jsut as nice, so Ill wait and save money. I really dont know what Medicom was thinking.

The_Raiders

I'v heard some complaints about sideshows too, there work is spectacualr, the sculpt looks great. And the clothing is just right, not too baggy or quikly put togeher, I like SS more then Medicoms, although I probablt won't be buying from SS for quit some time, just don't ahve the money, and Deckard, my mistake with the ebay thing ;)

IrishJedi

I just can't believe how god-awful the hat is on the Medicom Indy figure. Inexcusable for $150. Even the hats on the $20 Hasbro 12" figures look better. :sick:

Lao Che Pun

Deckard said:
I'm passing on both, The Indy, I dunno, why is everyone hating Sideshow's sculpt it looks just as good as Medicom's and Medi's Paint apps aren't typically as clean. Not to mention Sideshow's gear and apparel. Sideshow is giving you 2 head, one w/ removable hat, one w/ fixed hat.

The Henry sr. looks good but I imagine Sideshow's will be jsut as nice, so Ill wait and save money. I really dont know what Medicom was thinking.

I totally agree. I think Sideshow's brilliant move was deciding to have the dual heads. I think Medicom messed up trying to create a mini-fedora to fit over the Indy head. It just doesn't look right. The hat looks too out of proportion. SS did it smart and just opted for the second head...there's really no way to fix the problem - unless you create a head mold with purposefully deshelved hair to match the fedora - but then you have compromised the look of the un-hatted Indy head. You just can't seem to win without alternate heads.

As for Henry Sr., I agree too. I think it looks great...but I just can't see myself spending the buck50 for it, full well knowing that the SS will probably look just as decent for $90.

What a toss up!

Billy Ray

Yeah, it's Sideshow for me as well...just wanted to post the link though for anyone that may have missed it. The Medicom Indy looks alright, but I think SS's is better. Had SS not done one, I'd probably be all over this one though. I agree about the hat not looking quite right too.

groves

Agree with everything said about the hat and gear etc. But I'm sorry as far as sculpts go Medicom nailed it.
indiana_jones_2.jpg

Now tell me that isn't dead on!

You compare.

3905_press06-001.jpg

Billy Ray

Well, looks like I spoke too soon about sticking with Sideshow exclusively. After seeing these on Sideshow's site, my mom called today to tell me that she ordered both Indy and Henry for me for my birthday! Yeah, she's not big on surprises...though it was quite a surprise just the same.

The_Raiders

groves said:
Agree with everything said about the hat and gear etc. But I'm sorry as far as sculpts go Medicom nailed it.

Now tell me that isn't dead on!

You compare.

No way, SS is always gonna be the best. I think it's alittle round, but besides that perfect, the Medicoms Indy sorta reminds me of alittle kid that drew himself some stubble and dressed up like Indy. :dead:

Lao Che Pun

That photo comparison really makes the SS Indy look pale and ghostly white. One thing I'll give the Medicom co. is their nice use of spray-on tanning machines...:p

Billy Ray

Some new images of these two from the World Characters Convention in Japan:

37_pict0025_2.jpg

37_pict0026_2.jpg

The headgear on both is looking much nicer, can't wait for these guys next month! :D

Billy Ray

New pics from Comic Con!

These guys are looking better and better every time new pics are shown! They are almost here...can't wait!

IMG_7107.JPG

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7117.JPG