Michael Crichton Book's

Michael Crichton is my favrite author andhas written some great books like Jurassic Park, Timeline, The Andromeda Strian and Congo. Has anyone else read any of his books and if so what did you think?

I

Indy's_main_man

I have heard great things about him but haven't read anything. I'm really more of a Stephen King person.

If anyone has read timeline please say it was better then the movie

Timeline was a million times better then the film. The film cut out some of the better parts from the book.
And by the way I just read my first Stephen King book, Salem's Lot.

Rick5150

The Terminal Man was one of the best books that I had on the school reading list in the early 1980's. I stayed up all night to watch the movie on a station that we barely received (way before we had cable at my house) and was really disappointed. They really blew the ending in my opinion. It amazes my why filmmakers change important parts of a best selling book. Had it been written to match the movie, few would have bothered reading it.

Jurassic Park is one book where I liked the movie way better as it's special effects really complimented the dinosaurs and left out the parts about the T-Rex swimming after people.

Twister, Rising Sun and Andromeda strain were all better books than movies in my opinion. Crichton rocks!

I sure am not a great reader but once on a timee as I sit in federal prison, I done a bit of reading. Mostly studing the federal code to see how to get out of the mess the goverment had conspired to get me into . I also read a book called the client really one of a series by some author I amsure you all know but I forget like the pelican briefs and such. I came to the startling realization that movies are only great if you do not read the book first but the book is far better to lose yourself in. You dramatize and fantasize about all the charcters in the book then the movie cast them all differently and that really sux. It was nice visiting the institution that stored some of the worlds most infamous presedential assians and many we never here about as well and some of the notorious folks like the uni bomber guy and Jim Baker. But in the end I think it was an experience I could have done with out. It was learning experience how ever and I met the heir to the Duncan Heinz fortune there and he too was a presidential assasain attemtor... Also met harmless neighbor hood acquaintace and maybe that was the only good in it all as I may have helped to get him released as he sure had no business there but was also a victum of the system. Maybe the best experince was meeting peole that seemed perfectly harmless but learning they did not have a defined time of release but in fact were considered so sick they would have a thing called P number and while days pasted their time would not. Sad really to learn the interworking of such a system . Sadder still that our Govt. has the power to enforce things stranger than you will read about in books.

Johan

I was dissapointed with the way they did Timeline. It was a good novel but the movie did not do justice to the novel, it was alright the acting was just fairly bad.