Model Show Northern California Feb 9th

NickTurner

Attention Raveners in California. IPMS Santa Rosa has a Hobby Expo Feb 9th with the theme 'Models from the Movies'.

http://www.ipmssantarosa.org/hobby_expo.html

I will be taking along the Last Crusade tank for display along with some other Last Crusade models and customs. I get to display in the same room as the movie companies' models - quite an honor I think! http://home.comcast.net/~IndianaJonesToys/index.htm

ILM has a panel discussion at 1!

Star Wars is represented too with full size R2s and costumed 501st troopers (I think).

Anyway sounds like a blast and hopefully I am posting in the right place!

NickTurner

Good idea sir! I was going to take photos - of course! - but posting them is even better :)

Not sure if there will be any more Indy stuff - but I'm hopeful! Even so the movie theme has lots of possibilities so I'm sure something interesting will turn up!

hemble

NickTurner said:
Good idea sir! I was going to take photos - of course! - but posting them is even better :)

Not sure if there will be any more Indy stuff - but I'm hopeful! Even so the movie theme has lots of possibilities so I'm sure something interesting will turn up!

Fingers crossed you may never know and like you said even if there isn't any other indy stuff there seeing other movie models will be cool and your TLC tank will be a hit for sure.

Besides the TLC tank what other indy models you taking.

Ron

NickTurner

I had to check with the organizers as I have never been to an IPMS show and as the name includes 'plastic model' I wondered if an altered action figure would be acceptable. However I was told 'bring 'em along', so (y)

I think I will stick with the Last Crusade theme, so along with the tank I will take:

Tamiya 1/16 Kubelwagen (the nice one lol)
My (deliberately) shoddy fake Kubel (movie stunt car)
The Four horsemen
Brotherhood of the cruciform sword fighters
Hatay truck
Indy and Henry Snr. motorcycle and sidecar
Plus Vogel and a few standard soldiers to round it out

hemble

The IPMS clubs I found are very freindly and I really think the joices you are going to show are going to be a hit at the show.

Ron

If you don't mind, maybe find out, (or stir up interest in) The Flying Wing...

The old Black Sun BV38 sold on eBay a few days ago for roughly $180...

...MAN! I would love to get a hold of one of those!

$T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8H5iBQ+4GLM2Dg~~60_57.JPG

A larger scale would be ultimate.

NickTurner

Not sure how influential lil' ole me will be but I'll give it a shot!

Like I said, I've never been to one of these shows before so I've no idea if any manufacturers show up, but I'm sure smaller outfits (resin and multimedia etc.) will be there. Be great if you could get this in molded plastic though, as those wings in resin would weigh a ton! Probably would be in smaller scale than action figures though.

NickTurner

ILM panel live streaming!

For those not able to attend:

6. We will be having a Model Maker Forum @ 1pm on stage that currently will consist of 7 ILM model makers, including Don Bies, Lorne Peterson, Larry Tan, Nelson Hall, John Goodson, and Kim Smith; more panelists will be added as the date gets closer (Charlie Bailey Was just added today). This event will also be live streamed through Ustream.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/white-room-artifacts-llc

NickTurner

Well I survived the show - just! So much going on it was rather overwhelming! I won 2 kits in the raffle, so that was nice. I also won second place in the Military Vehicle Soft Skins with an SAS Landrover. My first trophy lol! Actually if I go again I will enter all sorts of models, not because I want to win more trophies but because its kinda nice getting to see all the models and have others see yours.

Unfortunately my Indy tank was put in an adjoining room. Live and learn - should have got there earlier! Here is the only other Indiana Jones model at the show:

IPMS_2013_Funny_indy.jpg

IPMS_2013_Funny_indy2.jpg

Looks like he stepped right out of Mad magazine, huh?

Here's a few more pics at random. Space Marine is impressive!

IPMS_2013_Space_marine.jpg

IPMS_2013_Predator.jpg

IPMS_2013_Godzilla.jpg

IPMS_2013_SW_1.jpg

IPMS_2013_Imperial_R2.jpg

IPMS_2013_ST_1.jpg

IPMS_2013_B9.jpg

IPMS_2013_2001.jpg

hemble

Mate congrats on the raffles wins and the trophy win. The pics are great and I especially like the cartoony looking indy.

Ron

MDP78

Hehe been a long time since I last came here. :)

Congrats again, Nick, on your winnings. I suppose that means you won't blame me anymore for telling you to join the contest. :3

NickTurner

Thought I'd post a few more pics of the great stuff on display. Hope you like them!

I tried to pick movie stuff and figures that would interest folks round here. Naturally they had planes and military stuff etc. in the model contest as well.

Not sure of the movie here?

IPMS_2013_Bin.jpg

Enemy Mine

IPMS_2013_Enemy_Mine.jpg

Terminator Salvation

IPMS_2013_Terminator_Salv.jpg

Thunderbird 2

IPMS_2013_TB2.jpg

MORAV

IPMS_2013_MORAV.jpg

NickTurner

1957 US Staff Car which could be right out of KOTCS. This is a little 1/72 model.

IPMS_2013_US_Staff_Car.jpg

Nice painting on this Russian Death Hussar from 1762. The figure is about 4 inches tall!

IPMS_2013_Rus_Dea_Huss_1762.jpg

Land of the Giants!

IPMS_2013_Land_Giants.jpg

Seaview, The Nautilus, and one I don't know!

IPMS_2013_Subs.jpg

Saucer Men !

IPMS_2013_Saucer_Men.jpg

Stoo

Hope you had a good time, Nick.:)

That "Land of the Giants" diorama is super! I really like the Nautilus model, too. It's excellent but the colour is off. Too brown. Regardless of that, I want it!:whip:

hemble

Just looked thru the Armorama link and there are some great pics and I love your Last Crusade display it looked brillant.

And have to agree with Stoo the LotG dio is excellent especially with the backdrop it adds more depth to it.

Ron