Monsters University

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Logline: Monster-world relies on bedwetters for precipitation, and suffers drought. Our heroes discover a solution: tickling! Boo, now 17, enjoys many late night tickle sessions but for other reasons.

TheMutt92

I'm excited. Monster's Inc. is one of my favorite Pixar films and perhaps their most orginal (I mean, c'mon, the door idea is just genius!). Its towards the top of the "it'd be cool to have a sequel" list (below The Incredibles and far ahead of Cars which is having a sequel).

Moedred said:
Logline: Monster-world relies on bedwetters for precipitation, and suffers drought. Our heroes discover a solution: tickling! Boo, now 17, enjoys many late night tickle sessions but for other reasons.

Now THAT would provide some interesting hijinks... :p

DocWhiskey

Pixar's been pumping out so many good films for years that I'm hoping this isn't a speed bump of sorts. I love the first one. Let's hope it's at least Toy Story 2 quality.

TheMutt92

avidfilmbuff said:
I don't know what the results shall be, but I just hope that Pixar knows what they're doing.

DocWhiskey said:
Pixar's been pumping out so many good films for years that I'm hoping this isn't a speed bump of sorts. I love the first one. Let's hope it's at least Toy Story 2 quality.

I don't think we have reason to worry. Pixar hasn't disappointed us yet (Cars is iffy) and has proven that it has enough people to continue on that record (John Lasseter, Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton, Lee Unkrick, Brad Bird... the list goes on). I think the reason for the increase in films isn't for commercial purposes, but just cause they have enough people and ideas around the studio that they can more easily produce a film a year (although it looks like now they're going for two, which could be nice).

lao che & sons

I loved Monsters, and pixar seems to be good about not overdoing sequals. But it seems like with toy stroy 3, cars 2, and now Monsters Inc. 2 they are becoming a little less original. I'd much rather watch something completely new than another Toy Story, Cars, or Monsters Inc.:gun:

RedeemedChild

This is very good news indeed. I read it last night on my Twitter feed and oh the joy I received as I digested this newest bit of Disney/Pixar news.

I only hope that it will be as good as the first one. I sure do hope it spawns a Monsters Inc television series and a nice array of spin-off video games.

I also hope The Incredibles get's a sequel.

Dr. Gonzo

Am I the only one that gave Pixar credit for coming up with only original ideas? Besides the Toy Story films, that was the only reason I really respected Pixar.

As far as I'm concerned this takes pixar down a notch for me.

They must be getting low on ideas.

roundshort

Dr. Gonzo said:
Am I the only one that gave Pixar credit for coming up with only original ideas? Besides the Toy Story films, that was the only reason I really respected Pixar.

As far as I'm concerned this takes pixar down a notch for me.

They must be getting low on ideas.

Not sure it is low on ideas, but the guarrented box office draw and continuation of marketing allready established toys. I am sure they did not capture nearly what they wanted to from Wall-e, UP! or the rat movie in toy and video game $$$$.

I agree, I like the Pixars as one offs. I enjoyed what they did with the Bug's Life in the parks.

IAdventurer01

I agree that Pixar should not jump on the multiple sequels for everything bandwagon - given their typical story structure it just wouldn't make sense. They do have movies that could have excellent potential sequels (The Incredibles comes to mind) but Monster's Inc. isn't one of them.

But, as it has been stated, they haven't really disappointed in the past, so I'll wait and see.

RedeemedChild

IAdventurer01 said:
I agree that Pixar should not jump on the multiple sequels for everything bandwagon - given their typical story structure it just wouldn't make sense. They do have movies that could have excellent potential sequels (The Incredibles comes to mind) but Monster's Inc. isn't one of them.

But, as it has been stated, they haven't really disappointed in the past, so I'll wait and see.

I agree with you my friend. I really don't think that Cars needs a sequel but I do think that the intelligent people at Pixar can craft yet another fascinating tale out of the Monster's Inc universe.

I really do want to see another The Incredibles movie however. I also think that Pixar is going to stretch Toy Story out too thin and that they should not make a third Toy Story film.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
...but they already did.

I know and it's very, very sad.

The only films that need sequels are Monster's Inc., The Incredibles, Wall-E and Ratatouille.

Oh, and I think Bolt would do nicely if it had a television series.

Goonie

RedeemedChild said:
Oh, and I think Bolt would do nicely if it had a television series.

Bolt isn't Pixar. A lot of people think it is. It was made by Disney's own animation department.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
... I am sure they did not capture nearly what they wanted to from Wall-e,....

That's because they didn't promote THIS more.

I know a couple of members here this would benefit....I know I could as well.

Lievr Regeneration is Now Here
BnL Associated Press

BnL Scientists today that they will soon release a device that will regenerate a human liver to full fuctionality without the need for surgery...
The Buy'n'Large Website

....kudos to Deadlock too, for making me watch this o'er and o'er with little pale horsie.