More Indiana Jones Movies After Indiana Jones 4

Paden

Well, we already have the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, but...

If you're talking about making more movies about the character as an adult, just younger than he was in the events of the three existing movies, I think it's a dicey proposition. My problem lies in the fact that recasting an established role like Indiana Jones is difficult, and no matter who would be selected, their depiction of Jones would be different from Harrison Ford's. Every actor brings a different perspective to a given role. A good example is Sean Connery and Roger Moore, and their different depictions of the James Bond character. Both has several successful films as Bond, but their characterization of Bond differed. The question is if moviegoers would accept another actor in the role of Jones. For many, like myself, who have been fans of the original movies for years, it is hard to picture anyone but Ford in the role. I would probably be pretty skeptical about another actor in the part. I'd probably give the movie a chance, in the sense that I would try to view it with as open a mind as I could muster, but I'd probably carry a "prove to me you can be Indy" attitude into the theatre with me. Overall, I think, as temptle of john suggests, that it might be best, in the end result, just to let the existing films stand on their own, without attempting the gamble of having another actor step into the role.