Movingpictures article contest about indy

jonesissparrow

Has anyone seen this on theraider.net:

Write an article about Indy - What makes Indy an indie? - not only describing why Indiana Jones has become such a phenomenon, but also showing an understanding of what Lucas and Spielberg have brought to the franchise, and why and whether Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, etc. are the best people to bring this latest installment to life.
The contest will be over quickly - all submissions must be in by Thursday, April 24, and the winner will be selected and notified on Friday, April 25. The submission must be more than 600 words and less than 1200 words, and must include a short timeline (6-12 dates or events) that reflect the key moments in the Indiana Jones world.

Submissions should be sent to editorial@mpgcorp.net and must include the author's contact details. The author/s of the winning submission will receive a check for $250 in exchange for full printing rights being granted to Moving Pictures. Moving Pictures will print the piece in their Cannes Special Issue distributed at the Cannes Film Festival and other film festivals worldwide, and will also put the piece on their website shortly after the magazine is distributed. The winning author/s will also receive four copies of the magazine featuring their article. Runners-up will receive copies of the Cannes Issue of the magazine, and will be able to elect whether to share their articles on www.movingpicturesmagazine.com.

I have a question what do they mean reflects indy's world do they mean dates and events from the movies or behind the scenes events and dates?

The Man

jonesissparrow said:
Has anyone seen this on theraider.net:

Write an article about Indy - What makes Indy an indie? - not only describing why Indiana Jones has become such a phenomenon, but also showing an understanding of what Lucas and Spielberg have brought to the franchise, and why and whether Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone, etc. are the best people to bring this latest installment to life.
The contest will be over quickly - all submissions must be in by Thursday, April 24, and the winner will be selected and notified on Friday, April 25. The submission must be more than 600 words and less than 1200 words, and must include a short timeline (6-12 dates or events) that reflect the key moments in the Indiana Jones world.

Submissions should be sent to editorial@mpgcorp.net and must include the author's contact details. The author/s of the winning submission will receive a check for $250 in exchange for full printing rights being granted to Moving Pictures. Moving Pictures will print the piece in their Cannes Special Issue distributed at the Cannes Film Festival and other film festivals worldwide, and will also put the piece on their website shortly after the magazine is distributed. The winning author/s will also receive four copies of the magazine featuring their article. Runners-up will receive copies of the Cannes Issue of the magazine, and will be able to elect whether to share their articles on www.movingpicturesmagazine.com.

I have a question what do they mean reflects indy's world do they mean dates and events from the movies or behind the scenes events and dates?

Do they accept articles from Europe or is it exclusively American?

Little Indy

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I was going to post the article that I had written here on the Raven just to let others tell me what they thought. But I don't know if they are still deliberating. I know the rules said winners would be notified by the 25th but maybe that changed. Anyone else submit something?

Dr.Tyree

Moving Pictures Contest

As a matter of fact, since this was an exclusive contest, we should be able to get a good idea. How many of us ubmitted one? (I did - that's one;) )

I think it will be GREAT for Raider.net AND the Raven to appear in Cannes - an particularly if the article represents all of the fans. :gun:

Little Indy

I submitted an article also, and still haven't heard anything. I would like to know who won just to congratulate him/her. Any "Top Men" here know the results or if a winner was selected? If I don't hear anything soon I'll just post what I wrote here.

Dr.Tyree

I concur, Little Indy!

I'm with you.

I thought GillesV posted the article... unless you are GillesV in disguise! :cool:

...anyway, Yes...it can be great for the whole community (did I say that already?)... to know how many were submitted, as well as who got it.

I'll email the editorial address again...

Keep me posted!

-Dr. Tyree

Dr.Tyree

Gilles...want to take this one? :D

...Fear not! Actually, I did get a message from the Editor-in-Chief of Moving Pictures, a fellow named Elliot Kotek who said...

Thanks, I've been working with Gilles over at TheRaider.net who'll be making an announcement and then we'll probably send him the pdf of the winning article also to time with Cannes Film Festival.?
The competition was awesome. the entries were incredible!

So, I'll not steal any of Gilles' thunder -- Elliot gave NO indication in ANY WAY of who it might be...

SUSPENSE!!!!

and glad they're into it! Go Team!

Any word yet on how many entries?

Little Indy

Excellent. I'm glad I showed some reservation. I came very close to posting my article. Mr Tyree. did you submit an article? If so that's at least three.

Good Luck to all.

Dr.Tyree

So...is it posted?

...So, I went to the Movingpicturesmagazine.com website (because...it's not like there was any mention of an announcement or winner)...(sorry to steal thunder from the fansite...but isn't that what it's for?).

Anyway, there IS an article called Indiana Jones DNA: Like Father, Like SonBy Bob Hill

Is this the winning article?

...REALLY?
:confused:

Little Indy

I haven't heard anything either. I saw the article at moving pictures but didn't want to read it becasue the caption said something about Shia and I didn't want to run into any Spoilers.