My favorite scene of Raiders...

jeff2178

There are so many, but I always like the part where Indy is fighting the Geman under the Flying Wing. To me that was great(y)

I just never understood how the Nazis were going to load the ark on that plane, there seem to be no cargo area, but I guess that's movies for you..

Deckard

The entire opening sequence from the mountain fade in to the plane flying into the sunset.

Opening of the ark is a close 2nd.

Dr. Gonzo

So many favorites, but one moment that I always laugh at and enjoy is Marion flipping the mirror over and cracking Indy right in the face in their room on the "Bantu". ...that cut away to the outside of the ship and hearing him howling! I am laughing now thinking about it.

crowmagnumman

Ever scene is my favorite scene. Choosing one feels like neglecting the others.

I guess I always really liked that scene where Indy and Sallah are walking towards the sarcophagus where the ark is, and then Indy runs his hand across it while lightning strikes, silhouetting him.

I like the Cairo stuff with Indy running around like crazy trying to get Marion. That scene is a lot of fun.

I'll stop there before I name every scene in the movie.

Michael24

My favorite scene has always been the desert chase. A perfectly edited piece of action. (y)

jeff2178 said:
Even now, after all the movies i've seen, the face melting still freaks me out:eek:

It's funny. As much as I loved Raiders when I was a kid, it was years before I'd finally watch the Ark ceremony without covering my eyes at that point until my parents gave me the all-clear. As soon as the one spirit flies up to Toth, I knew that was the point to cover my eyes and wait it all out. I can't remember when I finally watched the entire scene.

mr.wolf

Tough choice:\

1st. Opening Scene/Truck Chase
2nd. Flying Wing Fight.
3rd. Bar Fight
4th. Basket Games.

jeff2178

Well, the opening scene is just classic, that is just a given. The wing fight in my opinion is so perfect, it was filmed just like it would be in a pulp adventure magazine. I love that plane too, between the plane and the tank from the Last Crusade, the Nazis had all the cool toys.