Need Indy 5?

sandiegojones

If they don't do it soon then there isn't much chance of it happening. HF is already older than Connery was in LC. He's getting a bit too old for the series to continue.

If the rest of the cast was older, like say casting Clint Eastwood in a major role, then it could work well. Maybe they could go back to more of the series' western roots. Parts of Raiders and LC had kind of a western movie feel to them with the desert settings and the horse chases. That's something KOTCS lacked.

Maybe Indy could search for some Native American artifact (for part of the film). Monument Valley could be a great Indy location. It would be like the classic westerns of the 50's.

Sandiegojones, I think you are on to something!! A 50's Western isn't a bad idea at all... I would love that, and Eastwood would be an amazing edition to the Indy series!!

wolfgang

Yeah, I like Sandiego's idea. Especially the Clint one. I could imagine him being the bad guy, with a fedora, and maybe even a whip! Imagine that!!! It would kick my @$$!:whip:

DocWhiskey

sandiegojones said:
If they don't do it soon then there isn't much chance of it happening. HF is already older than Connery was in LC. He's getting a bit too old for the series to continue.

If the rest of the cast was older, like say casting Clint Eastwood in a major role, then it could work well. Maybe they could go back to more of the series' western roots. Parts of Raiders and LC had kind of a western movie feel to them with the desert settings and the horse chases. That's something KOTCS lacked.

Maybe Indy could search for some Native American artifact (for part of the film). Monument Valley could be a great Indy location. It would be like the classic westerns of the 50's.

This most definitely could work. It may not have high octane action like the previous installments but if it has a damn good story and some cool booby traps it should be great. Indy's older, that's obvious, so having him in more "big" action would begin to be more unbelievable.

Could you imagine Indy and the villain in a quick draw? That would be great suspense! Which I believe suspense is something they should aim for in future installments.

wolfgang

I would just like to see Indy whip the hell out of someone. Like first whip his face, then his hand, then whip his feet, pull and make him fall. It'll be cool to see him use two whips at the same time! Anyway, the draw idea is pretty cool. Kinda what he did with the Swordsman on Raiders.

sandiegojones

I was thinking that the Lost Dutchman's mine could be a good story for an "American West" story.

Some Apache's claim their people were born inside Superstition Mountain in Arizona and that the "Thunder God" lives in a golden cave there still. Since Jacob Waltz (the Dutchman) claimed to have found the "mother lode" in the Superstition Wilderness over 100 years ago, several people have gone searching for the lost gold mine and have died mysterious deaths. Over 50 people have "died" and been found decapitated or never have been found. Some say the Indians protect the cave of their God and they are the ones who have killed these explorers. There are several other myths and legends surrounding the Superstition Mountains (hence their name).

This could make for an interesting old west story. It'd have natives, villains, "Gods" and lust for gold. It could still have booby traps and a supernatural ending once the lost mine is found. The villains likely wouldn't be from any government (like Russians or Nazi's), but perhaps Indy could get stuck with some evil outlaws or Indians?

AnnieJones

Nurhachi1991 said:
How could another Indy movie be overkill? It's been 20 years and KOTCS came out it is a breath of fresh air really to see Indy and not another lame ass rip off movie like national treasure or the Mummy.

I'm sorry,that isn't the way I wanted to make it sound.I meant,I do want another Indy movie and soon.I can't wait another 19 or so years,again.

IndyFan89

sandiegojones said:
I was thinking that the Lost Dutchman's mine could be a good story for an "American West" story.

Some Apache's claim their people were born inside Superstition Mountain in Arizona and that the "Thunder God" lives in a golden cave there still. Since Jacob Waltz (the Dutchman) claimed to have found the "mother lode" in the Superstition Wilderness over 100 years ago, several people have gone searching for the lost gold mine and have died mysterious deaths. Over 50 people have "died" and been found decapitated or never have been found. Some say the Indians protect the cave of their God and they are the ones who have killed these explorers. There are several other myths and legends surrounding the Superstition Mountains (hence their name).

This could make for an interesting old west story. It'd have natives, villains, "Gods" and lust for gold. It could still have booby traps and a supernatural ending once the lost mine is found. The villains likely wouldn't be from any government (like Russians or Nazi's), but perhaps Indy could get stuck with some evil outlaws or Indians?

Yea, I pass it everyday on the way to work I don't think I want to see it in Indy 5.

IndianaBones

James mangold has also never made a sequel in a well established franchise that’s only been tackled by one director. Some can mention x men, but I think it’s different since James has only tackled solo Wolverine films in a franchise where xmen movies weren’t mostly directed by one director. Indiana Jones is only Spielberg so I wanna see how James can tackle that

Raffey

Cannot wait for Indy V. KotCS wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the original trilogy. I am hoping that this film won't be too sentimental like the last one. I don't care that Indy is older. I just don't want to see him bringing his grandkids along for the ride.

IndianaBones

Cannot wait for Indy V. KotCS wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the original trilogy. I am hoping that this film won't be too sentimental like the last one. I don't care that Indy is older. I just don't want to see him bringing his grandkids along for the ride.
I agree with you Raffey but I think it’ll probably be a bit sentimental, considering that it’ll probably be the last Indy movie and because we have James Mangold directing. Having seen a lot of his movies and heard a lot of how he goes into directing stories he chooses, he really likes personal drama stories. I can’t help but think this one will probably be emotional but we never know