New Acquisitions!!

monkey man

Target is selling the Indy Life Game for $15.00. I used the $5 off coupon in their coupon book to get another $5 off. Total cost $10.00.
Make sure to use that coupon. It doesn't mention the Indy Life came on the coupon but it works at the register.
Indy Mr. Potato Head was $3.74 too.

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Certainly! I actually was planning on doing a sort of "soundtrack annotation" thread like the one I promised eons ago and I was going to talk about it in that, but in the meantime (since goodness knows it'll be a while before I do that thread), here's a list of the Indy content of this disc (though you actually could find it just as easily by checking out the closed eBay auction I linked to, and reading the tracklist in the item description ;) ):
You're right, I could have checked but figured you'd be able to provide a much, more detailed description of its content (which you have done so well, as usual).

Crack that whip said:
The last three tracks, though, are entirely new - not only are these tracks not on the four OST volumes, but even those entire episodes are otherwise unrepresented on the soundtracks (I'm sure the track names alone tell you exactly what installments they're from ;) ). This makes this album quite welcome, especially since "Tolstoy Among the People" is from one of the younger young Indy (Corey Carrier Indy) adventures, and there are only three of CC's episodes represented on the OSTs.
Great news! You actually should post in the other thread or one of the soundtrack discussions in the Young Indy forum so people don't miss out.
I'm sure Inexorable Tash and fommes would love to know about this! ("The Amazing Flight Of The Filing Cabinet"! Ha ha.) Thanks for the info & enjoy your purchase.:)

bonoferox

Toys R Us finally got restocked from the two Ugha Warriors they had left. About 12 LC Indys, a Grail Kknight, a Vogel, Young Indy. No ToD wave.

Logan

Found all of the TOD set at my Local Kroger today. If I had the Money I would have bought them all but Sadly I had to leave them there. I really want that set.

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
Just received an eBay purchase today - composer Laurence Rosenthal's 2-disc promo CD Music for Television, notable for six tracks of his music from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, most of it not available on the four commercially-released soundtrack volumes for the show. My Indy music library is growing quite a bit this month! :whip:

Aaaaaannnd... here it is! Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection arrived in my mailbox yesterday. I haven't even had enough time to listen to all of it yet, but I'm enjoying it tremendously.

It's amazing to have gotten so much new Indy music all at once...

indyclone25

my indy music collection came in today and i have already put on my mp3 player ahhhhhhh ----------sweet music will lull me to sleep tonight ---- until the temple of doom soundtrack starts then i will be awake ---lol--- listen to it as i was downloading the discs to my computer --------- can't wait to listen to the rest of it

indyclone25

well i picked up a extra mutt on a motorcycle today and cairo thugs figures ---my local target got those in new stock anyways still no last crusade or temple of doom

Jonesfan

Not a new item. But I did pick up something today at a local comic book show I been wanting to get. I been picking some Vintage Indy stuff through ebay and other places recently. Today I thought I picked up a pretty good buy at the Ashland Comic Book show. Indy Map Room Adventure Set. Still sealed in box.

DSC01605.jpg

singsingjohnny

Jonesfan said:
Not a new item. But I did pick up something today at a local comic book show I been wanting to get. I been picking some Vintage Indy stuff through ebay and other places recently. Today I thought I picked up a pretty good buy at the Ashland Comic Book show. Indy Map Room Adventure Set. Still sealed in box.

DSC01605.jpg

Wow, VERY nice find there! (y)

Picked up a PS3, along with my very first Blu-Ray disc...Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2-disc edition! :gun:

nitzsche

I don't know which is the most appropriate thread to ask about this or discuss this, so please feel free to redirect me...

Can anyone explain to me why every Indy figure seems to have a different sculpt and why do none of them look like Harrison?

I went to do some Christmas shopping and thought I'd grab a few figures for my boys, but I couldn't really find a nice variety. They seemed to have "Crystal Skull" Indy with a RPG but no fedora? And he looks like a frail 90-year old man?

In fact, all the Indy figures I have seen pictures of seem to be different head sculpts, each one a dismal failure where Indy just doesn't look strong. Is it because there's too much gear? Perhaps the fedora shouldn't be removable and should just have been sculpted with the head?

Someone help me... I want to grab these toys, but is there a different line on the horizon?

The Golden Idol

nitzsche said:
I don't know which is the most appropriate thread to ask about this or discuss this, so please feel free to redirect me...

Can anyone explain to me why every Indy figure seems to have a different sculpt and why do none of them look like Harrison?

I went to do some Christmas shopping and thought I'd grab a few figures for my boys, but I couldn't really find a nice variety. They seemed to have "Crystal Skull" Indy with a RPG but no fedora? And he looks like a frail 90-year old man?

In fact, all the Indy figures I have seen pictures of seem to be different head sculpts, each one a dismal failure where Indy just doesn't look strong. Is it because there's too much gear? Perhaps the fedora shouldn't be removable and should just have been sculpted with the head?

Someone help me... I want to grab these toys, but is there a different line on the horizon?

Just look for the ones with good paintjobs. The ones that are painted well look great. Look for Indy figures from the newer waves (Last Crusade and Temple of Doom) to get better painted ones.

Lambonius

The Golden Idol said:
Just look for the ones with good paintjobs. The ones that are painted well look great. Look for Indy figures from the newer waves (Last Crusade and Temple of Doom) to get better painted ones.

Agreed. Paint apps are the real issue with this line (especially the first two waves.) If you can find good ones though, any of the basic Indy's are pretty nice. The sculpts, for the most part, are actually much better than the paint apps make them look, but unfortunately well-painted ones are hard to come by. The KOTCS Indy is a great deal though, even with the slightly oversized hat. The figure's body is a bit leaner than Harrison is in real life, but I doubt your kids will notice. As far as play value goes, he's the best one to get (unless you can find the terrific TOD Indy--good luck! :rolleyes: ) since he has a wealth of nice accessories. Most of the secondary characters are pretty nice, particularly the villains from KOTCS and of course pretty much anything from the LC and TOD waves.

My recommendations for starting off into the line at this point would be as follows:

KOTCS Indy with removable hat and skull
Ugha Warrior
Dovchenko
German soldier 2-pack
German bike deluxe pack

and maybe jacket Mutt if your kids loved the new movie.

Oh yeah, and pretty much anything from the LC and TOD waves that you can find. ;)

nitzsche

OK, yeah I guess I didn't see the basic "Crystal Skull" Indy then. All I could see was Indy with no hat or jacket and the RPG. I don't understand why he is without a hat and jacket here because it wasn't that way in the movie. Weird.