New Acquisitions!!

tnswman

Snakes said:
I'm a little annoyed that the jacketless Indy figure cant hold his pistol in his right hand. No biggie though. I'm willing to overlook that fault because everything else about it is great!

Which one? Both of mine hold the pistol just fine. Even the Kit Bashed Ark Indy holds his perfectly.

Snakes

I only have the KOTCS one, but I thought the arm sculpts were the same on all the jacketless figures. Maybe I just got a lousy armed one.

tnswman

Snakes said:
I only have the KOTCS one, but I thought the arm sculpts were the same on all the jacketless figures. Maybe I just got a lousy armed one.

Yea, you are right..It's been a long day...Man, Tht is bad I have like 5 Jacketless Indy's loose and all work fine.

Picture192.jpg

Picture190.jpg

MaxPhactor23

mattmanw54301 said:

I really must say, I like that you spun some art into this picture. You made it from just another mundane picture of mostly sub par action figures we've all already seen...to something eye-catching and interesting. Good job.

ty. The diorama background is actually included with the truck.I am personally very happy with the figures, but I understand what you are saying about them being sub-par. They have some serious sculpting and paint problems. The truck, however, is AWESOME. It's fully assembled in the box, and the features are cool. There are even little german words written on the doors!!!

MaxPhactor23

mattmanw54301 said:
ty. The diorama background is actually included with the truck.I am personally very happy with the figures, but I understand what you are saying about them being sub-par. They have some serious sculpting and paint problems. The truck, however, is AWESOME. It's fully assembled in the box, and the features are cool. There are even little german words written on the doors!!!

Well I should specify really. I like almost all the figures except Indy himself. I?ve come across them in a few stores now and couldn?t see Harrison even mildly in the sculpt. The German Soldier is fantastic though. I also love the truck and Cairo Swordsman.

MolaRam1968

I need Sallah, German Soldier, Russian Soldier, Ucha Warrior and Cemetary Warrior. Picked the rest of the single figs up in one run to Wal-mart.
I also have the Indy/Horse, German/Motorcycle, 2German Soldiers, Indy/trap and Indy/Escape deluxe figs.

DetectiveFork

I finally cracked and bought the Indy w/ Ark of the Covenant set. The reason I hesitated is because as beautiful as the Ark was, it did not include the handles. I'm sure this was done to keep costs down or to fit the packaging, but it is a glaring oversight.

Otherwise, I picked up:

Indiana Jones w/ removable hat
Indiana Jones w/ bazooka
Indiana Jones w/ golden idol
Indiana Jones w/ horse
Indiana Jones w/ whip action
Cemetery Warrior
Mutt Williams w jacket
Irina Spalko

That's all I'm gonna buy for now, although the whole set of six figures in the upcoming Wave 3 looks fantastic. I'm gonna try and track those down. I hope we get a Temple of Doom Indy soon, too. I can't tell you how exciting it is to finally have Indiana Jones figures after so many years. (That probably explains why I bought six versions of him and want more!) I totally missed out on the figures when I was a kid, probably because Indy himself was so hard to find, and ended up making a cardboard hat for my Han Solo figure. It worked in my mind.

Oh, I also picked up a few of the Indy Lego sets, although some I bought a month or two ago:

Motorcycle Chase
Well of Souls
Camping Trip Gone Wrong (or whatever it's called)

I badly want the Temple of the Crystal Skulls Lego set, but it's just way to expensive for now. I hope I can still find it in stores a few months down the line. I'm glad I have a Lego Store near me.

(Speaking of Legos, I create a Lego Space comic, which you can find the link for in my profile.)

On a related topic, I would bet that the Indiana Jones figures will become even harder to find once the movie hits theaters and kids discover Indy, possibly for the first time. Last summer, the Transformers Movie toys came out a month before the film and languished on the shelves until the movie opened. Then, store shelves were barren of Transformers toys until Christmas. Of course, I don't know if Indy will have the same appeal with kids as Transformers do. At this point, I'm sure it's mostly adults buying the toys.

blueseattle

snake_surprise said:
Yeah, I really hope these current toys sell like hot cakes so they make more and more.

• Belloq in the different outfits would rule.
  • So would Marion in her bar outfit.
  • The dude with the cane and the white hat from the beginning of Last Crusade.
  • Walter Donovan
  • Toht with scarred hand like the original.
  • Knight of the first Crusade in coffin with shield. A stretch, but would be cool.
  • Katanga or whatever that sub captain's name is...too lazy to look it up.
  • Village chief man from ToD.
  • Chattal Lal
  • Maharahja with voo-doo doll.
  • Marcus Brody.
I know we could all make a list and go on and on with this stuff...but in the meantime if we all do our part and dump a ton of money on this Indy toy line the odds increase in our favor that they will make new ones.

I want his figure over anyone else's! Haha. So I can have it walk around and ramble about how he doesn't drink water because fish make love in it. :gun:

metalinvader

I just picked up 14 more packs of the KotCS cards.I'm just a few cards short of a base set.I got a few foil cards,No autographs though!

thelaw

Hey. Thelaw, here. I'm new to to this forum, but the new movie and toyline have me too excited not to talk about it! I've been waiting for this toyline for as long as I can remember, and I'm as excited about the toys as I was about the Star Wars line in 1995 (despite the "bulky" sculpts of the time, it was Star Wars!).
As far as May 1st goes, I got everything for basic figures except the Cemetery Warrior (just got it yesterday), all the deluxe figures, and both Raiders vehicles. Still haven't seen the Jungle Cutter or the Temple of Akator (if they're even out yet).

Favorite figure: toss-up between the KOTCS jacket Indy and Deluxe Indy w/ horse
Favorite accessory: Ark of the Covenant. Despite the lack of rails/handles, that thing is a work of art.
Favorite relic: Hard to choose. The Grail Tablet is almost perfectly scaled, the Urn of Nurhachi is amazingly detailed, the Spear of Destiny is new and related to the Holy Grail...
Favorite non-Indy: Has to be deluxe German Soldier with motorcycle. On very few Star Wars figures have the cloth goods been executed so well. The color matches the plastic of the upper body almost exactly. The sculpt from head to toe is incredible. And the motorcycle is straight out of 1940's Germany. (And I wonder what the hole on the right side of the motorcycle, along with the wierd peg on the bottom, could possibly be for:D)

Of course I've had the usual problems with the paint apps (Irina Spalko being a particularly grevious offender; annoying since she's one-per-case in only one case assortment), but overall the line is as great as I was hoping, and the morning of May 1st completely lived up to the hype. And wave 3 looks to put every figure we've gotten so far to shame!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good color/paint to use for young Indy's hair? I'm looking at making a few KOTCS Indys into classic Indys (this is the first time I've really thought about serious customizing, but this line just opens up too many possibilities).

Arab Swordsman

So, I think today is the day Target is supposed to be doing their toy relaunch. I know some people got lucky at Target earlier but did anyone find the new toys at Target today? I'm stopping on the way home to look for the Indy Game of Life but I wasn't sure if they were actually stocking items now. Neither Target I've been too has had the Indy, Batman, or Hulk toys stocked yet.

Tyreal

Arab Swordsman said:
So, I think today is the day Target is supposed to be doing their toy relaunch. I know some people got lucky at Target earlier but did anyone find the new toys at Target today? I'm stopping on the way home to look for the Indy Game of Life but I wasn't sure if they were actually stocking items now. Neither Target I've been too has had the Indy, Batman, or Hulk toys stocked yet.

I don't know about target but my Wal-Mart was stocking the new hulk and dark knight stuff along with the Indy stuff so I think the reset would happen today or tomorrow

Niteshade007

I bought the DVD adventure game yesterday, and it's actually a lot of fun. Pretty clever game. And it was on sale at Toys R Us for $20 instead of the usual $25. Also, all of the Indy LEGOs I just bought were on sale.

Little Indy

Niteshade007 said:
I bought the DVD adventure game yesterday, and it's actually a lot of fun. Pretty clever game. And it was on sale at Toys R Us for $20 instead of the usual $25. Also, all of the Indy LEGOs I just bought were on sale.

Same here in CA Although not all of them were on sale. The Temple Escape set and the Well of Souls set at my Toyrs R Us.

RichardJones

thelaw said:
Hey. Thelaw, here. I'm new to to this forum, but the new movie and toyline have me too excited not to talk about it! I've been waiting for this toyline for as long as I can remember, and I'm as excited about the toys as I was about the Star Wars line in 1995 (despite the "bulky" sculpts of the time, it was Star Wars!).
As far as May 1st goes, I got everything for basic figures except the Cemetery Warrior (just got it yesterday), all the deluxe figures, and both Raiders vehicles. Still haven't seen the Jungle Cutter or the Temple of Akator (if they're even out yet).

Favorite figure: toss-up between the KOTCS jacket Indy and Deluxe Indy w/ horse
Favorite accessory: Ark of the Covenant. Despite the lack of rails/handles, that thing is a work of art.
Favorite relic: Hard to choose. The Grail Tablet is almost perfectly scaled, the Urn of Nurhachi is amazingly detailed, the Spear of Destiny is new and related to the Holy Grail...
Favorite non-Indy: Has to be deluxe German Soldier with motorcycle. On very few Star Wars figures have the cloth goods been executed so well. The color matches the plastic of the upper body almost exactly. The sculpt from head to toe is incredible. And the motorcycle is straight out of 1940's Germany. (And I wonder what the hole on the right side of the motorcycle, along with the wierd peg on the bottom, could possibly be for:D)

Of course I've had the usual problems with the paint apps (Irina Spalko being a particularly grevious offender; annoying since she's one-per-case in only one case assortment), but overall the line is as great as I was hoping, and the morning of May 1st completely lived up to the hype. And wave 3 looks to put every figure we've gotten so far to shame!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good color/paint to use for young Indy's hair? I'm looking at making a few KOTCS Indys into classic Indys (this is the first time I've really thought about serious customizing, but this line just opens up too many possibilities).

Welcome to the Raven :hat: