New Acquisitions!!

metalinvader

Just got the Complete making of and Why did it have to be snakes? books in the mail.

I've got alot of reading to do this weekend.:D

thelaw

The Making of book is the single best Indy reference book there is. Just as good as The Making of Star Wars from last year, AND it covers ALL the movies.

And in keeping with title of the thread, I picked this up yesterday along with two Rob McGregor Indy novels

JayDee

Arab Swordsman said:
Ok, for people that saw the movie...why is there a Mutt figure with no jacket when he wears it the whole movie?

I remember seeing a short clip (Making Of from the official site) where Mutt is rolling on a grass ground. He had no jacket on, and it seems that there should be some CGI-creature or something that he is holding to.

tnswman

Give me time to work through a little here guys.....My Wife and I Just got back from Showing #2 out of 3 for me today...My dad, Son, & best Friend and I are going to watch it tonight at 7pm. This is the same best friend that went with my Dad and I to see TOD and TLC. My Dad has watch EVERY Indy movie with me and this is my Son's 1st Indy movie in the theater ( He wanted me t take him to buy his OWN KOTCS Indy and UGHA figures today instead of taking one from my collection ).

Let me say that after my second showing of KOTCS, I am even more in love with this movie. At 12:01am this morning, My senses were hit with a NEW Indiana Jones movie...It has been 19 years and I forgot how a NEW Indy movie felt. I mean, We have all had 19 years to get used to the same 3 movies over and over.....Knowing EVERY detail, EVERY character, EVERY secret...Well, all of a sudden, we are thrown into a new Indy movie where we don't know everything and every detail. This honestly made me unknowingly look for things that I KNEW, While soaking in all the familiar things that Steven, Harrison, George, & Karen gave us, I was not seeing all of the NEW details that make KOTCS so great. I saw it all and reacted to it. However, Unil my second showing, I didn't fully appreciate it.

During my secind showing, I found myself even MORE in love with the action and the sets, The dialogue and the comedy, and WAYYYY in love with Spalko and Dovechekno. I left the Midnight showing feeling the DRAW of the KICK A$$ Crystal Skeletons and their real identities....I was hooked and all night long, I could not sleep because I was under the spell of NEEDING to see them again..At the 2nd showing, The Skull all of a sudden had the weight and character of the Ark and Grail.......It had a mystery to it that we should NOT understand, and It called to my Indy love soooo much than I thought possible.

The second showing to me moved sooo much smoother and Indy all of a sudden fought better, acted even more Indy like and all the new tings started to feel as familiar to me as the opening of Raiders is to me.

Now, as I move to my 3rd showing, I find myself already looking forward to seeing my favorite parts, and KNOWING that my old Friend is back and he is NOT going to go away no matter what.

Oh, My New Aquisition?...........I bought the Novel to KOTCS and from the 1st page, It is every much as good of a story as the movie! READ IT!!!

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
Give me time to work through a little here guys.....My Wife and I Just got back from Showing #2 out of 3 for me today...My dad, Son, & best Friend and I are going to watch it tonight at 7pm. This is the same best friend that went with my Dad and I to see TOD and TLC. My Dad has watch EVERY Indy movie with me and this is my Son's 1st Indy movie in the theater ( He wanted me t take him to buy his OWN KOTCS Indy and UGHA figures today instead of taking one from my collection ).

Let me say that after my second showing of KOTCS, I am even more in love with this movie. At 12:01am this morning, My senses were hit with a NEW Indiana Jones movie...It has been 19 years and I forgot how a NEW Indy movie felt. I mean, We have all had 19 years to get used to the same 3 movies over and over.....Knowing EVERY detail, EVERY character, EVERY secret...Well, all of a sudden, we are thrown into a new Indy movie where we don't know everything and every detail. This honestly made me unknowingly look for things that I KNEW, While soaking in all the familiar things that Steven, Harrison, George, & Karen gave us, I was not seeing all of the NEW details that make KOTCS so great. I saw it all and reacted to it. However, Unil my second showing, I didn't fully appreciate it.

During my secind showing, I found myself even MORE in love with the action and the sets, The dialogue and the comedy, and WAYYYY in love with Spalko and Dovechekno. I left the Midnight showing feeling the DRAW of the KICK A$$ Crystal Skeletons and their real identities....I was hooked and all night long, I could not sleep because I was under the spell of NEEDING to see them again..At the 2nd showing, The Skull all of a sudden had the weight and character of the Ark and Grail.......It had a mystery to it that we should NOT understand, and It called to my Indy love soooo much than I thought possible.

The second showing to me moved sooo much smoother and Indy all of a sudden fought better, acted even more Indy like and all the new tings started to feel as familiar to me as the opening of Raiders is to me.

Now, as I move to my 3rd showing, I find myself already looking forward to seeing my favorite parts, and KNOWING that my old Friend is back and he is NOT going to go away no matter what.

Oh, My New Aquisition?...........I bought the Novel to KOTCS and from the 1st page, It is every much as good of a story as the movie! READ IT!!!

I agree with you TN. I saw it last night at midnight and again today at 11. It got much better the second time I watched it. The only thing driving me nuts about the whole thing were the monkeys but I can get by that for the rest of the movie being really, really good. I'm going again tomorrow with my wife and I'll get to analyze it a bit more but this one gets better each time you watch.

Oh, I got the official magazine today as my new aquisition. I might go get the novelization tomorrow and my Top Trumps cards should be here very soon.

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
I agree with you TN. I saw it last night at midnight and again today at 11. It got much better the second time I watched it. The only thing driving me nuts about the whole thing were the monkeys but I can get by that for the rest of the movie being really, really good. I'm going again tomorrow with my wife and I'll get to analyze it a bit more but this one gets better each time you watch.

Oh, I got the official magazine today as my new aquisition. I might go get the novelization tomorrow and my Top Trumps cards should be here very soon.

Man, Guess what My 9 year old son loved the most? THE MONKEY / VINE part and THE ALIEN AT THE END!!

That seals it for me!!

He can NOT stop talking about it!

BlackSleep

I finally found Cemetery Warrior!! My Wal-Mart got a new shipment in and there was one lonely Cemetery Warrior and I grabbed him up. Now I can honestly say I'm satisfied until the new LC wave is released.

Snakes

After seeing the movie I really wish they had made Dovchenko's hat removable, since he almost never wears it on screen. I also wish they had given him a wider stance, as it is he always looks at attention.(Not bad for strutting around, but not good for fistfighting Indy.) I hope they release another Dovchenko figure without a hat and in a US army uniform.

Billy Ray

Well, I saw KOTCS today and I loved it! My whole family loved it, even my wife...who is not that well versed in all things Indy. She even liked the monkey/vine part.

tnswman said:
Man, Guess what My 9 year old son loved the most? THE MONKEY / VINE part and THE ALIEN AT THE END!!

That seals it for me!!

He can NOT stop talking about it!

Thank you for adequately showing us the undeveloped mind of a child. Only a child would like that. :sick:

tnswman

FishbowlHead23 said:
Thank you for adequately showing us the undeveloped mind of a child. Only a child would like that. :sick:

Well Guess what, You better be glad they made a movie that kids like too instead of ONLY focusing on grumpy idiotic fanboys who lost their sense of wonder 19 years ago!

sarah navarro

FishbowlHead23 said:
This movie was made for children and adults alike,so im happy that he liked it thats what it was put in there for;)

fixer79

tnswman said:
Well Guess what, You better be glad they made a movie that kids like too instead of ONLY focusing on grumpy idiotic fanboys who lost their sense of wonder 19 years ago!

Amen to that, man!
Couldn't have said it better.

ForbiddenEye

tnswman said:

Ha ha! Zing!

Yeah...I can see kids really loving this and re-discovering the other films later in life.

Not a bad thing for the series, that's for sure!
(y)