New Acquisitions!!

UIMJ

thelaw said:
" We do have plans for a sidecar version in 2009, but Henry Jones will be coming on a basic figure card later this year so we wouldn't include him with the motorcycle. "

Marion came as a basic carded figure and they included practically the same toy in the Cairo two-pack with the smiling knife guy?! Not that I encourage repacks of the same toys or anything....

GiantThuggee

Here are a couple more pics to follow up on my reviews from yesterday:

Henry Jones Sr.
henry1.jpg

Henry without his hat:
henryglasses.jpg

And without Hat and Glasses:
henryhead.jpg

And here's Vogel:
vogel.jpg

A close-up of his well-proportioned holster
holster.jpg

Notice the indented circle molded into the armband
armband.jpg

Billy Ray

GiantThuggee said:
Sure, here you go!

relics.jpg

It's funny. The brown "thing" in the bottom center was originally described as a dragon carving, but the sticker that comes with it calls it a "Thugee Medallion" (Thuggee is mispelled). Weird.

I posted this in the artifacts thread already but, in the Complete Making of Indiana Jones (page 137) book there are pictures of concept art for Mola Ram. Among those images, there are a couple of sketches that look exactly like this relic...one of which is labeled "pendant".

Also, on a personal note, I scored half of the LC wave today! I found Elsa, Young Indy, and Henry Sr.! Pics tonight.

Errex

Well, I did my bit to clear up the pegs and bought Mutt w/python.

Still on the fence about Cairo Indy, but I think I'd rather get the Marion 2-pack first.

Billy Ray

Just opened my wave 3 finds from today and snapped a quick pic:

watermark.php

Henry is freakin' awesome! The glasses look much better in person than in pics. The headsculpt is fabulous and he comes with so many accesories!

Elsa is nice too. I lucked out and got one with great paint. Her limbs were all sorts of twisted around wrong in the package but, once I freed her and got her straightened out I was very happy with her.

Young Indy is great too. Shame about the lack of ankle articulation but, other than that he is super!

Really happy with all of these, can't wait to find the rest!

MightyMegs

Nurhachi1991 said:
Can you ummmmmmmmm drink from the grail?
Yeah... but it's so small, it only adds a second on to your life, instead of immortality. And since it takes a second to drink it, you come out even anyway.

Indy Pendant

I practically walked to Target this afternoon - it's closer than I thought - and I didn't find anything new. I'm still looking for the German soldier and the Indy/Dovchenko Adventure Heroes, and I'm confused to what's wave 1/wave 2/wave 3. I almost bought a Sallah but I wasn't that into it.

I think I'm going to have to go to Toys R Us in Woburn tomorrow even though I have no clue how to get there. (I have no car!)

Spalkomania

Wow, Dr Henry Jones and Elsa look fantastic. I was only going to get figures based on Raiders of the Lost Ark but those two are must haves. (y) :cool:

"Bellosh"

Great pics Billy Ray! And hey, Indy Pendant, I roam around collecting this stuff without a car, too...though I'm lucky to have a friend that enjoys heading (driving) to a TRU as much as I do...last night we found the deluxe 2-packs for the German Soldiers and the German Soldier w/ Motorcycle. These were pretty common a month ago but have been rapidly disappearing as of late...perhaps many like me are going for all of the 3 3/4 figures.

"Bellosh"

Forgot to mention

I think this has been touched on, somewhere here, but how many of you have noticed that the German w/ Motorcycle (at least the one I bought last night) has "LAST CRUSADE" listed as its movie...not the LC toy I was looking for, but hey, even if it's a mistake...it counts!!!!!:D

Nurhachi1991

Bellosh said:
I think this has been touched on, somewhere here, but how many of you have noticed that the German w/ Motorcycle (at least the one I bought last night) has "LAST CRUSADE" listed as its movie...not the LC toy I was looking for, but hey, even if it's a mistake...it counts!!!!!:D

Because that Nazi Biker was from LC......................... Remember the motercycle chase?