New Acquisitions!!

I picked up three Titanium Series vehicles (ROTLA cargo truck, Vogel's tank, and the biplane from LC) today from Wal Mart for a dollar each. I encourage anyone looking at discounted merchandise at Wal Mart to use the store's price scanner, because frequently they don't take the time to put on new stickers after further marking down discounted items. The vehicles still had $5 price stickers.

metalinvader

The final issue of the magazine came today....Along with a card that'll let me transfer my subscription.Star Wars it is,I guess.

Maybe.Not Today

monkey man said:
Thanks for the update "Maybe.NotToday". I appreciate it.

I can't wait for this to arrive. I'm glad that you're satisfied with the figure.
The removable Idol is a plus. I agree with your comment on the watch. Overall it sounds like I won't be dissapointed. Hopefully Sideshow will continue this line and give us some more Raiders characters before they move on to the other movies.
Enjoy. Thanks again.

No problem. You'll have to let me know what you think when yours arrives.

I can't agree more, I really hope we get several more raiders figures before they move on. Hopefully the fact that we're getting thot is a good sign.

Crack that whip

metalinvader said:
The final issue of the magazine came today....Along with a card that'll let me transfer my subscription.Star Wars it is,I guess.

I got that one not too long ago myself (and I'll go with the same replacement selection).

Saturday I picked up my first couple packs of Indiana Jones Masterpieces trading cards. Sweet!

metalinvader

Well,I got the new Nintendo power today.Just when you think you wouldn't see Indy on a magazine cover for a while,There he is again!

Sort of like a bad penny...

DocWhiskey

Hey guys, I have a question that I hope you could answer.....

My friend has an Indiana Jones t-shirt that I have never seen before. He said he got it quite some time ago. Almost over a year. It's a black t-shirt. It has the shot of Indy from LC (the one that they use on the figure packages) with his whip on his shoulder. It has a map background with the yellow/red vibe. On top in white text it reads "The Hero Returns" And it then says "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" on the bottom.

I'm dying to know because I'm an Indy fanatic and I've never EVER seen this shirt before. He says he received it as a gift from he thinks Hot Topic.

Please someone help me out here.....

indyclone25

i have that shirt - i got mine from the restaraunt "crackerbarrel" ithey carried them all last summer and clearanced them out in the fall , nice shirt , the only shirt i found at hot topic was the teaser poster shirt , whear indy is standing in the picture , hope that answers your question

DocWhiskey

Aha! Thank you very much for your help, inyclone25! I knew he must've been wrong about Hot Topic because I only seen the teaser poster shirt there also.But I wouldn't expect Cracker Barrel to sell an Indiana Jones T-Shirt. Again, thank you!

Billy Ray

DocWhiskey said:
Aha! Thank you very much for your help, inyclone25! I knew he must've been wrong about Hot Topic because I only seen the teaser poster shirt there also.But I wouldn't expect Cracker Barrel to sell an Indiana Jones T-Shirt. Again, thank you!

Yeah, I saw these at Cracker Barrel several months ago. They also had Indy hats there as well, the same kind they sell at Disney parks.

Billy Ray

finally came across some of those Wal-Mart deep discounts everyone has been reporting! Picked up three Ugha Warriors for $1.00 a pop, deluxe Indy w/Ark for $3.00, and the Belloq/Ark Ghost Advenure Heroes for $3.00.

DocWhiskey

Kind of late checkin' in but last week I went to 2 Targets, 4 WalMarts, and K-Mart.

Nothin'.

I went to a Toys R Us and they had a bunch of figures on "Clearance" for $4.75. I picked up a few.

They had the Akator playset for $24.

Is it worth getting?

Lambonius

DocWhiskey said:
They had the Akator playset for $24.

Is it worth getting?

I would say yes, but only if you can't find it clearanced anywhere else for cheaper. If nowhere else has it cheaper, definitely get it. It makes a great backdrop for the figures, and it's really a must if you're trying to be a completist with the line. You can combine it with the deluxe temple sets to expand it rather nicely. It's the only Indy playset we got, might as well own it, particularly if you aren't paying full price for it. :)

NickTurner

Well, it still looks like a volcano to me :D

I didn't think it was *brilliant*, but it does make a nice display background if you are into such things - and if you weren't, why would you be here?

I must say though that a 4-year old visitor absolutely LOVED it. Kept him quiet for hours! Indy vs the clone troopers LOL. So as an actual playset for kids I would say Hasbro made a winner!

I think $24 is a good price - it has 2 figures. $40 was too high to tempt me.