new feeling over KOTCS!!!

I just watched KOTCS for the seventh time,and I had just watched the Last Crusade right before and realized that Indy doesnt just take a sip from the Grail like his father does,no,Indy takes a huge gulp! If just a tiny splash on the bullet wound of Henry Sr. cures such a fatal wound, a huge gulp taken internally would have miraculous effects on a mortal man,the immune system, bone strength and rejuvenation qualities of the human body would result in Indy becoming a man with supernatural potential. He is no longer the vulnerable man we see him as before he drinks from the grail,we have to understand this as an audience, this is a very important factor when we view KOTCS. So thats what I did,I put in KOTCS right after Crusade and told myself ok he is no longer the same man,he is stronger,quicker,can heal insanely fast and his immune system can handle anything, even radiation,his bones if broken heal fast, internal injuries heal very quickly and his senses heightened. And then it all made sense,the nuke the fridge seen seems completely surviveable from a man who has drank from the cup of christ. When Lucas said he was taking Indy in a new direction I believe this is one of the new factors he was thinking of,no man would be the same or as vulnerable after drinking from the grail. I think the ones who cry foul on KOTCS do not know this important fact or choose to ignore it. I dont think Lucas or Steven wanted to make it obvious,true fans would know after Crusade he is stronger and much more durable. Now if Indys mouth fills full of sand in the dry sand pit there is not much the power of the grail can do to bring him more oxygen,alot of circumstances could still kill him so alot of vulnerability is still there in the characters mortality.:hat:

nitzsche

KotCS is played daily at my house on one TV or another. My kids view it each time like it is the first time and I get the most enjoyment out of watching them watch it.

Dewy9

ninepinejones said:
And then it all made sense,the nuke the fridge seen seems completely surviveable from a man who has drank from the cup of christ.

Well I've always thought that at the very least the drink from the Grail and the nuke cancel each other out. ;)

Benraianajones

To be honest, since I got it on DVD in october, I had not watched it for a ow couple of months, so watched some scenes the other day. Now all the hype has gone of a new Indy movie coming out, it just feels like it has always been on my shelf with the others.

I mean, sure, the fridge part and the 4 huge drops over the cliff/waterfalls will always seem a bit "too much" for one movie (if they were in seperate ones, it would be better). But as it stands, they aren't and I can look past that, and enjoy the spirit of it all. (I can actually envision Indy climbing in a fridge as a desperate attempt to escape, more than him just allowing himself to go over 3 waterfalls.) I'd prefer they toned down this scenes, but they are as they are, so.

The CGI isn't an issue with me, it has a lot less in it than a majority of films now days, and they could have used a lot more if they wanted, and didn't which was good. Also taking in to account it was made 19 years later...I like the movie, there are deffo parts that seem Indiana Jones, especialy the first section, and even some parts later.

What makes KOTCS differ also is the jungle section, a lot of action takes place there, where usualy it is in deserts/caves, so KOTCS will always seem "different" in them respects too. But I like at it this way, all 4 movies differ really, KOTCS is twinned with TOD as being one of the more colourful cartoony ones of the 4, which isn't especially a bad thing to me. I do like the ant scene.

So on the whole, KOTCS does feel like an Indy movie to me, but just offering a differing flavour, some like it, some hate it, same with the other movies really. The first part is so solid and even eerie, but they just didn't keep it up and let the family comedy aspect get a bit in the way. Still happy to watch it with the other 3 though.

(and a note about Mutt tarzan swinging, it doesn't bother me like it did, sure I'd rather have it removed, but my mind sort of blanks the small section out when it is on).

Indy Byrd

KOTCS was really the "first" movie of Indy my son has really watched. Sure I've watched them around him and his brother (who is two and enjoys Cars more), but I took Dawson to the movies to watch it. Me personally I liked it from the first time and it's not changed any. My son likes it and when we go exploring now, he insists on carrying his Indy gear like I do.

I don't have a problem with people not liking the movie, "to each his/her own" and I'm fine with that. When I heard what the Macguffin was I did definate research on the crystal skulls so I knew about the possiblity of the ET factor.

Dawson liked the character of Mutt so much that he sometimes prefers to be called Mutt, as some of my friends call me Indy (but because I'm orginally from Indiana, but it's cool as anyway), and he comes of with some of Mutt's lines to me sometimes.

Could they have made KOTCS better?? Sure they could have. I think we all forget that it did TAKE 19 YEARS to get this one, so I am happy to have it, flaws and all. We could just as easily NOT had it as we are to HAVE HAD it. Not every movie is perfect. Sure Raiders is as close to a perfect movie as one could possibly ask for, but if someone went over it with a magnifying glass we could find holes in it too.

AnnieJones

My Feelings On KOTCS

I didn't like it in the theater at all,because of the whole alien thing.It kind of took away from the whole archaeology/adventure feel to it.Don't get me wrong,I liked the Marshall College scenes,Bedford,Connecticut scenes,jungle scenes,and the wedding scene.Other than the alien and Irina's mind control junk the rest of it was fine.So,I guess you could say I kind of liked it on DVD.